Camp Cleanup

Trip reports, stories, track notes. Multiple/large photos are OK in this forum.
Forum rules
Posting large/multiple images in this forum is OK. Please start topic titles with the name of the location or track.

For topics focussed on photos rather than the trip, please consider posting in the 'Gallery' forum instead.

This forum is for posting information about trips you have done, not for requesting information about a track or area.

Camp Cleanup

Postby bordergate » Mon 01 Jun, 2015 2:35 pm

I was fortunate enough to visit and use the campsite above the Lincoln wreck on the w/e of May 30/31(Yes we did book a site)
What a mess! There has been an old ring type fire constructed with all types of rubbish including cans being left to rot or whatever. In addition whoever was there left Three dirty old sleeping pads behind, I carried a bit out with me but it really is slack when you toil all day to get to these remote places and some other dirty blighter has just trashed the place. Interesting to note that on the walk in I picked up an army type camo pack complete with sleeping kit that had obviously fallen off a pack. That's my whinge off my chest now I will relax and think about an otherwise fantastic w/e hike completed and start daydreaming about the next one, cheers all.
bordergate
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Queensland

Re: Camp Cleanup

Postby cams » Mon 01 Jun, 2015 4:32 pm

Really disappointing.
cams
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: Tasmania

Re: Camp Cleanup

Postby Sammy38 » Sat 04 Jun, 2016 6:46 pm

I am Heading up there this month with my boys. I will take some rubbish bags and tidy up. It will keep the boys occupied for a while.
Sammy38
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Queensland

Return to QLD Trip Reports & Track Notes