Millstream Chichester National Park - long walks

Trip reports, stories, track notes. Multiple/large photos are OK in this forum.
Forum rules
Posting large/multiple images in this forum is OK. Please start topic titles with the name of the location or track.

For topics focussed on photos rather than the trip, please consider posting in the 'Gallery' forum instead.

This forum is for posting information about trips you have done, not for requesting information about a track or area.

Millstream Chichester National Park - long walks

Postby jimbo42 » Mon 24 Mar, 2014 8:06 am

I'm planning to be in the Pilbara area in June next year and want to do an extended walk in the Millstream-Chichester National Park.
Has anyone got some suggestions for good places to go? Or good routes?
I was thinking of starting in the SE part, across to near The Brothers, then via Python Pool into the Chichester Range to finish up near the Homestead
I have walking in Karijini before; love that spinifex arid country with the occasional gorge and rockhole.
jimbo42
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Re: Millstream Chichester National Park - long walks

Postby Hallu » Mon 24 Mar, 2014 11:14 am

Yeah definitely stay in the Chichester part, the Millstream one is quite small and too close to those huge water pipes and treatment station. I don't know any good routes, it's usually a country where you make your own. You could ask the Karratha visitor centre though. I also loved that bright green/deep red mix, when seen from a distance with the winter light it's just magical.
Hallu
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: Other Country

Re: Millstream Chichester National Park - long walks

Postby north-north-west » Mon 24 Mar, 2014 1:02 pm

If you're comfortable going cross country, just pick your landmarks and water sources and go for it. It's mostly open and easy going.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
north-north-west
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Social Misfits Anonymous
Region: Tasmania

Return to SA, WA & NT Trip Reports & Track Notes