We can dream... Next significant walking idea

Bushwalking topics that are not location specific.
Forum rules
The place for bushwalking topics that are not location specific.

We can dream... Next significant walking idea

Postby GPSGuided » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 5:06 pm

It's autumn and walking season. Apart from all the local tracks, have you been thinking and planning of a significant walk in the future? Perhaps something caught your attention in a magazine, blog or Youtube?

Mine? Multi-day trek of Jiankou section of the Great Wall. A wild and spectacular section just north of Beijing. UL is a must for the challenges posed. Dreaming of wild camps on the Great Wall...
Just move it!
GPSGuided
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: New South Wales

Re: We can dream... Next significant walking idea

Postby ribuck » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 5:19 pm

I would quite like to walk across the last few pieces of the Blue Mountains (from Penrith to Lithgow) that I haven't yet done.

Over the years, I've done various day-walks (accessible by train) that link Penrith to Springwood, and Lawson to Lithgow. So I just have to find a way to get from Springwood to Lawson. There's not an obvious walking route between Springwood and Lawson, so I might need to go from Glenbrook to Wentworth Falls, but that's extremely long for a day-walk.
ribuck
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Other Country

Re: We can dream... Next significant walking idea

Postby LachlanB » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 6:29 pm

I usually seem to spend more time daydreaming about places I could go than actually walking... I think I need to do something about it!

My longstanding plan for the future is the Dusky Track in New Zealand, but I doubt it's going to happen anytime soon.

Ribuck, I think it'd be possible with a generous dose of bush bashing. Good luck if you do try to forge a connection from Springwood to Lawson- id be interested to read a trip report!
LachlanB
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: New South Wales

Return to Bushwalking Discussion