Water at Ropers Hut

Bushwalking topics that are not location specific.
Forum rules
The place for bushwalking topics that are not location specific.

Water at Ropers Hut

Postby Orbita_Serenitatem » Mon 19 Mar, 2018 7:51 pm

Hi all. Being so dry here in Central Victoria I'm wanting to know if anyone can give the availability/guarantee that there is water in the little creek next to Ropers Hut? Was thinking of repeating the walk i did two years ago.
Mt Bogong Loop Easter 2016.jpg

Got water from Cain Crk 1st night - and Cleve Cole on last, but this year is drier. Any feedback is welcomed!
Orbita_Serenitatem
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Victoria

Re: Water at Ropers Hut

Postby neilmny » Tue 20 Mar, 2018 3:57 am

You'll find a lot of this stuff using search.
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=26988#p342922 mentioned on about the 9th post from paidal_chalne_vala (PCV)
neilmny
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Re: Water at Ropers Hut

Postby Xplora » Tue 20 Mar, 2018 5:29 am

Did this loop last week. No water at CC hut but water in the creek at Camp Valley. The creek at Ropers was still flowing but we filled up at Big River and did not need it. Water in the aqueduct along Spione Kopje and if you are going clockwise then you can still get some water from the creek flowing just before the Grey Hills. See my notes here
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=26988&p=346065#p346065 Water still flowing at Bogong Creek Saddle but we are dry as well. Some rain forecast for this weekend but not enough.

There are no big obstacles and only a few trees down. One big tree on Duanne around the 1350m mark but it is easy to straddle and was nice to sit on for a break. Although not out of place in Bushwalking discussion, this would be better in the Vic section.
Xplora
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Return to Bushwalking Discussion