Naked Bush Walkers? In Tasmania?

Bushwalking topics that are not location specific.
Forum rules
The place for bushwalking topics that are not location specific.

Re: Naked Bush Walkers? In Tasmania?

Postby iandsmith » Sat 30 May, 2009 9:54 am

tasadam wrote:"Just happened by", eh? Yeah yeah, whatever.......

Well, let's see.

A google quickly finds (hang on... a disclaimer, don't click if you're not interested OK? Probably don't read on, either...) this link, which has a number of links, the first being the bare bushwalking site... But their link is also the geocities one, which as you correctly point out, is a dead link.
Well, it's dead at the moment, but there are a heap of references to it in google so I got to thinking - I searched for "bare buskwalking -geocities" to see if I could find their site in case they had moved.

I didn't find them.

But

I did find a site with all these headings and more......
(I don't want to link it - most of it is not appropriate for here. Amazing what they get up to when they're not out there walking...)

Nude Boating
Nude hiking
Nude scuba diving
Nude running
Art with naturist themes
Naturist photography
Naturist poetry
Naturist cartoons
Naturist etiquette
Talking about naturism with others
Naturist miscellany
News pages about nudity
Naturist/nudist news search
Religion & naturism

And some of the many sub-headings read

Boyd Allen's Christian Naturism Home Page
Brian's Christian Naturist Page - Brian Levay
Christian Naturism - Links by David Ross
Fig Leaf Forum - Christian naturist newsletter
LDS Skinny-Dipper Connection - by Alan Palmer
Nudism, Naturism, and Toplessness - Top-rated site that has an excellent discussion with a non-sectarian perspective. Read the whole site for its open-minded approach to issues related to religion.
Naturist Life International
Nudism, the Bible, and the Law
The Bible, Society, and Nudity - By Jeff Rockel
Wholesome Nudity Page
Nude Yacht Charter
Arroyo Seco River Hike
Hiking and Cruising - Also scuba diving
Hiking Nude: What it Feels Like - An outing at Deep Creek Hot Springs
My Nude Bush Walking Homepage - Pictures of my wanders around Victoria Australia and at home.
Nude Hiking in the Northwest: A Mini-Guide
Roger's Nude Hiking Page
Steve's Northwest Nude Hiking - A story about reactions from other hikers.
Banana Winds Sailing Charters
Buff Divers - Travel club for people who enjoy nude scuba diving (WOOOAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!)
Bare as You Dare Cross Country 5K - Held at Bluebonnet resort
Bare Buns Fun Run (1998)
Bare Buns Fun Run (1996)
Bare Buns Fun Run and Bare to Breakers
Bare to Breakers! - An excellent, detailed story by Mike Marinacci on what it's like to run naked in front of hundreds of thousands. Conclusion: Wonderful.
Bare to Breakers Official Web Page - also here and here
Calendar of Nude Running Events - Events for nude runners, with information and links, maintained by Ken Raich
Charles Crockett Bay to Breakers Story
Nude Running Links
Roger's Bare to Breakers Story
Roger's Nude Bay to Breakers Pictures
Running Au Naturel - A nice page by "Pete", a participant in the Bare Buns Fun Run.
Skinnydipper Sun Run Cross-Country 5K
SWSA Nude Racing Series
Tom Middleton's Bay to Breakers Story

And last but not least -
Naked Skydiving FAQ
An absolute classic. Very funny. Had to post that one.

Should I moderate myself and delete all this? Someone help me here...

Yes, it does appear as you might be someone who needs help! Perhaps that time-on-your-hands could be put to better use? Cheers
iandsmith
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby iandsmith » Sat 30 May, 2009 10:01 am

Nuts wrote:
taswaterfalls.com wrote:..qi is one of those awesome scrabble words where you can use your Q without a U. Its a form of mumbo jumbo *cough* i mean tai chi

Doesnt sound like using the I with the Q to me!

Some people just cant get over 'getting it off', me , I'm happy to keep my lilly white butt just that!
And as for shaving... showoff's!! i'm trying to keep all I have left. Iv'e always wondered whether people get into bike riding/racing just so they can shave their legs! c'mon, you's all do it, even though there will only ever be one Lance Armstrong, a few miliseconds wont matter. "The reason professional riders shave their legs is because they get massaged every day and it's much easier to rub over bare skin. Why amateurs do it is another reason altogether. I've raced for nearly 20 years and never shaved."

Son of a Beach wrote:This is why I've been wearing a beanie to bed for the last few days. My wife thinks it's like having a bogan in the bed (except without the mullet).
:lol: :lol:

I hope she's still at least gettin' yer name right bro'
iandsmith
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby tasadam » Sat 30 May, 2009 7:23 pm

iandsmith wrote:Yes, it does appear as you might be someone who needs help! Perhaps that time-on-your-hands could be put to better use? Cheers

What? No emotion? :? You serious? :wink:
You mean putting it to better use than spending it amusing you with such google finds... :roll:

No, perhaps you're right. :!:
tasadam
Magnus administratio
Magnus administratio

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: TasmaniART, Smitten Merino, Macpac
Region: Tasmania

Postby corvus » Sat 30 May, 2009 8:32 pm

Keep checkin researchin and amusin us tasadam and to iandsmith pthurrt double and with a double V :lol:
c
collige virgo rosas
corvus
Vercundus gearus-freakius

Postby tasadam » Sat 30 May, 2009 8:36 pm

corvus wrote:Keep checkin researchin and amusin us tasadam and to iandsmith pthurrt double and with a double V :lol:
c

He does have a point though, I do waste a lot of time... :|
tasadam
Magnus administratio
Magnus administratio

Postby corvus » Sat 30 May, 2009 8:52 pm

What watching TV time :roll:
c
collige virgo rosas
corvus

Postby corvus » Sat 30 May, 2009 8:57 pm

Quick get on to ABC 2 and see a Cary Grant Movie its on now (and in the background for me :lol: ) nah just you keep up the research for us and save us the time and effort :D
c
collige virgo rosas
corvus

Postby isoma » Tue 02 Feb, 2010 9:13 pm

Caught up with a nude bushwalker on a recent trip to Drys bluff. Unfortunately, I caught him just as he was pulling himself up the last rope before the plateau :shock:
Turned out to be a good bloke and we actually walked together the rest of the waY to the real summit and then back via the marsh to the trig point.
He was kind enough to at least put on a pair of undies until fully clothing up for the low scrub walk to the high point.
isoma
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Queensland

Postby tasadam » Tue 02 Feb, 2010 9:21 pm

Just before anyone asks, it wasn't me... Seems there are two of us out there though. Good blokes, that is, not nude walkers 8)
Bet that had you going...
tasadam
Magnus administratio
Magnus administratio

Postby Taurë-rana » Tue 02 Feb, 2010 9:43 pm

It's surprising that more people who feel such an affinity with the bush aren't naturists - having nothing on with the sun and breeze on your skin is the best feeling in the world, when it's warm enough! And it's much, much nicer swimming with nothing on - why wear clothes to get wet? And contrary to what you might think, if everyone is naked, what you look like is no big deal, in fact it is a great leveller - we read so much into what people are wearing.

Willis's Walkabouts, who run bushwalking tours up north, tell their participants that nude swimming is the go (not compulsory though), and on the walk I went on, most people were very comfortable with it, especially after a few days. Makes more sense than having to cart wet bathers around, or hide in your tent to get changed.

You should all try it sometime, you might surprise yourself (or maybe you have and won't admit it here)!
Peak bagging points: 170ish
Recent walks - Picton, Wylds Crag, Rogoona
Taurë-rana
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby north-north-west » Thu 04 Feb, 2010 3:21 pm

Right on, She Who Walks Within Forests!
I love skinny dipping in rockpools, especially in the Centre.

You do have to be careful, but. I remember reading all the fine print on a Prom camping permit many, many years ago, and it actually stated that 'being unclad, or inappropriately clad' within the reserve was verboten.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
north-north-west
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Social Misfits Anonymous

Postby Ent » Thu 04 Feb, 2010 3:46 pm

On of the joys I recently experienced on a long hot walk was soaking in a river until heard the sound of distance voices fast approaching :oops: The previous day I splashed in a lake adequately dressed in Icebreaker woollen boxer but found the next day they had not dried so very, very cold :shock: so decided to dress as nature intended next time. Swimming after a long hot walk is something I have never done before but after a long hot day it ranks now as one of the great pleasure of walking and assuming I do not frighten the wildlife plan to do more of :D

Cheers Brett
"lt only took six years. From now on, l´ll write two letters a week instead of one."
(Shawshank Redemption)
Ent
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby Jellybean » Thu 04 Feb, 2010 4:08 pm

Brett wrote:On of the joys I recently experienced on a long hot walk was soaking in a river until heard the sound of distance voices fast approaching :oops: The previous day I splashed in a lake adequately dressed in Icebreaker woollen boxer but found the next day they had not dried so very, very cold :shock: so decided to dress as nature intended next time. Swimming after a long hot walk is something I have never done before but after a long hot day it ranks now as one of the great pleasure of walking and assuming I do not frighten the wildlife plan to do more of :D

Cheers Brett

Not only enjoyable, also excellent for recovery! :D
Jellybean
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby alliecat » Thu 04 Feb, 2010 4:46 pm

A few years ago my girlfriend and I were on Deal Island in the middle of Bass Straight. The only other people on the island were the other volunteers and they were on the other side of the island, no boats were in, it was a beautiful sunny day and we had a lovely beach all to ourselves. So off came the clothes and we had a wonderful swim.

At one point we were maybe 200m out from the beach and 500m along from where we had left our clothes. And then a private cruise ship appears around the point heading straight for us! :oops:

We had no hope of getting back to our clothes before they got to us. They gave us some towels, a lift in a rubber boat to the beach, and a glass of wine, so that pretty much made up for the embarrassment. But yeah, swimming in the ocean au naturale is a great feeling.

Cheers,
Alliecat
alliecat
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby geoskid » Thu 04 Feb, 2010 9:16 pm

isoma wrote: Unfortunately, I caught him just as he was pulling himself up the last rope before the plateau :shock:

:shock: ascending, please! :wink:
I'm just trying to imagine how that conversation went. :lol:
Critical Thinking.. the awakening of the intellect to the study of itself.
http://www.criticalthinking.org/
geoskid
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Postby geoskid » Thu 04 Feb, 2010 9:21 pm

Brett wrote:On of the joys I recently experienced on a long hot walk was soaking in a river until heard the sound of distance voices fast approaching :oops:

This inspires a variation of an old joke
Q. Whats the most sensitive part of your body when you are butt naked in the bush.
A. srae ruoY
Critical Thinking.. the awakening of the intellect to the study of itself.
http://www.criticalthinking.org/
geoskid

Postby Ent » Fri 05 Feb, 2010 8:50 am

Swimming naked does have the habit of creating embarrassment. At the tender 12/13 age down at Lake Temma when complaining about not having a bath Dad and older brother pointed to the sea but as it was a trip that Dad had planned we had not packed bathers. So Dad and my brother stripped off and dived in so I follow suit. Great fun until a West Coast dumper wave did exactly that and I landed up high and dry on the beach, just as a pony club was going by :oops: :oops: :oops:

Talked about digging yourself into the sand :roll: I was scared for life or so it seamed until last weekend :D

Cheers Brett

PS a group that we were camping with had a younger kid that despite been told not to get wet came back from the beach soak. Apparently he was following instructions, by that he did not go to the water it came to him when the tide came in. No dry clothes around so his mum stripped him off and set the clothes to dry. Question I believe from junior was "can nobody can see me naked" to which the answer was the usual "of course not we are at the end of the road" just then a full tourist bus appeared :lol: Junior probably nowadays has trust issues with his mum. She was struggling not to crack up when she saw the look of horror in his eyes.
"lt only took six years. From now on, l´ll write two letters a week instead of one."
(Shawshank Redemption)
Ent
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby Taurë-rana » Mon 08 Feb, 2010 8:12 am

We went a couple of years running to the Aboriginal music and dance festival at Laura on Cape York. As it tends to be up there, it was stinking hot so we were in the habit of going down to the river, stripping off and swimming. The second year we did it we had quite a few people join us - most of them hadn't swum naked before and enjoyed it. I've had that happen on more than one occasion where one or two tell the other members of the group that they are going to swim naked and leave the others to make up their own minds - others often join in and discover that they enjoy it.
Peak bagging points: 170ish
Recent walks - Picton, Wylds Crag, Rogoona
Taurë-rana
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby frank_in_oz » Mon 08 Feb, 2010 9:18 am

Taurë-rana wrote:Willis's Walkabouts, who run bushwalking tours up north, tell their participants that nude swimming is the go (not compulsory though), and on the walk I went on, most people were very comfortable with it, especially after a few days. Makes more sense than having to cart wet bathers around, or hide in your tent to get changed.

Ooops, read this a willys, need new glasses
Frank
Check out "Our Hiking Blog" Overland Track guide, Food to Go-recipe ideas and Trekking to Everest Base Camp.
frank_in_oz
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby Son of a Beach » Mon 08 Feb, 2010 12:19 pm

frank_in_oz wrote:
Taurë-rana wrote:Willis's Walkabouts, who run bushwalking tours up north, tell their participants that nude swimming is the go (not compulsory though), and on the walk I went on, most people were very comfortable with it, especially after a few days. Makes more sense than having to cart wet bathers around, or hide in your tent to get changed.

Ooops, read this a willys, need new glasses

Some people probably think "Free Willy" is a movie about skinny dipping, eh? ;-)
Son of a Beach
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Bit Map (NIXANZ)

Postby tasadam » Mon 08 Feb, 2010 2:58 pm

Son of a Beach wrote:Some people probably think "Free Willy" is a movie about skinny dipping, eh? ;-)

Free willy was actually the sequel to an earlier movie, titled Commando :roll:
tasadam
Magnus administratio
Magnus administratio

Postby Nuts » Mon 08 Feb, 2010 3:03 pm

tasadam wrote:
Son of a Beach wrote:Some people probably think "Free Willy" is a movie about skinny dipping, eh? ;-)

Free willy was actually the sequel to an earlier movie, titled Commando :roll:

Yes... Now, That's a gun! :D
Nuts
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Previous

Return to Bushwalking Discussion