FS ['Gong, NSW, Free post Aus wide] Easton Kilo 2P - 2nd gen

Once an item is sold, found or thread is no longer needed we move it here. These maybe helpful for historic reasons.

FS ['Gong, NSW, Free post Aus wide] Easton Kilo 2P - 2nd gen

Postby beachcruiser » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 3:27 pm

For Sale: Easton Kilo 2P $170 posted to anywhere in Aus (pre-paid satchel)

This is the 2nd generation design with better coverage over front door, it's been a great little tent and has plenty of life left, I'm only selling because I've upgraded.
I bought it as a one person tent, have slept in it with 2 once durning an unplanned overnight camp on a tiny site in the Budawangs. Comfortable tent in all conditions for 1 person would be tight in bad weather for 2 people. Total weight on my kitchen scales just under 1.2kg.
Used for about 10 nights total from memory, mostly weekend walks in the Blue mountains and Budawangs, took it on the Overland Track in 2015 but only camped 2 nights. The inner free stands pretty well so works nicely as a bug shelter in camping caves.

It's in excellent condition with the exception of a couple of minor things, the velcros for attaching the fly to the poles have come off, one was lost but others are included if you want to sew them back on. Similarly the eyelet on the inside of the fly that attaches the fly to the pole end above the door has come off and there is a small crack (2cm) in the seam tape there, easily repaired with seam sealer. I've used the tent a couple of times since these came off and it's fine so I wasn't planning to repair it at all but I'll include the bits that fell off in case the new owner wants to re-attach them - see picture below for more detail.

IMG_4576.jpg
Easton Kilo 2P

Apologies for the weird shadows from my clothesline...

IMG_4574.jpg
Easton Kilo 2P - inner

IMG_4580.jpg
Easton Kilo - poles and pegs

there is one extra Easton peg than shown in this photo, total of 10 pegs

IMG_4581.jpg
total weight

velcros-come-off.jpg
velcros have come off

DSC01326.jpg
Overland Track

No longer available but the full specs are still available on the Campsaver website, here's the link http://www.campsaver.com/easton-kilo-2p-tent-2-person-3-season
beachcruiser
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: New South Wales

Re: FS ['Gong, NSW, Free post Aus wide] Easton Kilo 2P - 2nd

Postby AWTtrekker » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 9:55 pm

Wondering how you think this would hold up if you got a night or two of nasty weather? I am pretty keen just umming and ahing about whether it would suit my needs
AWTtrekker
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Postby beachcruiser » Tue 14 Mar, 2017 7:42 am

AWTtrekker wrote:Wondering how you think this would hold up if you got a night or two of nasty weather? I am pretty keen just umming and ahing about whether it would suit my needs

Great to hear you are interested AWTtrekker, I have certainly used it in rainy conditions, both nights I used it on the Overland Track it rained and the night near Windermere hut was very windy as well and it performed fine, it was also kept me dry and safe during a thunderstorm camped on a ridge in the Blue Mountains. All these campsites were somewhat protected in amongst trees.
It is certainly not a 4 season tent but I'd be comfortable using it in most places in Australia below the snowline.
beachcruiser
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby beachcruiser » Wed 19 Apr, 2017 1:28 pm

Tent is sold
beachcruiser
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Return to Sold Claimed Closed and Expired