[SOLD] Seatosummit MICRO McIII Sleeping Bag

Once an item is sold, found or thread is no longer needed we move it here. These maybe helpful for historic reasons.

[SOLD] Seatosummit MICRO McIII Sleeping Bag

Postby Dreamer » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 1:58 pm

and there's more...continuing my basement clearout: FOR SALE $320 delivered Aus wide. Seatosummit MICRO McIII Sleeping Bag. Left zip long, total weight 755grams (fill weight 380g). Recommended temp -2 is about right imo. Good condition, lofts well. Comes with stuff sack and storage bag. Best hiking sleeping bag I have ever used.
Specifications here: http://www.seatosummit.com.au/sleepingbags/series/?series=micro

IMG_0310.jpg

IMG_0308.jpg

IMG_0309.jpg
Last edited by Dreamer on Mon 18 Sep, 2017 3:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dreamer
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: South Australia

Re: [FS - ADL ship Auswide] Seatosummit MICRO McIII Sleeping

Postby case » Thu 14 Sep, 2017 10:15 am

interested in your bag. How long is the bag compared to someone measuring 185 ish?
case
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Other Country

Postby Moondog55 » Thu 14 Sep, 2017 1:05 pm

Depends how big your feet are, over size 13 you will be a little tight
I'm 184 and size 11 feet and I fit but my toes do compress this size, I don't own; I simply tried on for size in store a couple of years ago
Ve are too soon old und too late schmart
Moondog55
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Victoria

Postby Dreamer » Thu 14 Sep, 2017 1:37 pm

Hi case, good question. The bag is a LONG which is the largest size available in this range. Without stretching it measures approx. 230cm from foot to top of hood OR 205cm to the open neck before head (does that make sense?). Drawing the foot box in with the cinch cord reduces overall length only slightly (a few cm's). Cinched up the footbox is about 33cm wide (10cm above end) and uncinched it's about 45cm wide (not stretched out)...clear as mud...see photos. I am 183cm tall, slim build, 12US/11UK/46.5EU shoe size and I find the bag plenty big enough, including the foot end. But I sleep mostly on my side, NOT with my feet sticking up! On warmer nights you often leave the foot end open (uncinched). I rarely used the hood tightly cinched, preferring a make shift pillow wedged into the hood (so it doesn't move) and a warm beanie. Remember that it's an ultra-light bag - with the flexibility of conversion to a partial or full quilt -so it's not intended to have the luxe features of bags twice the weight.
IMG_0311.JPG
IMG_0311.JPG (129.49 KiB) Viewed 4425 times

IMG_0312.JPG
IMG_0312.JPG (116.31 KiB) Viewed 4425 times
Dreamer
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Postby BMo » Thu 14 Sep, 2017 3:19 pm

Just to add another data point, I owned one of these until recently (size long). I am 190cm, size 13 us feet, and never had an isssue with length. I am quite a slim build and actually found this a bit wider around the shoulders than I wanted. I.e. It shouldn't be too small for you.
BMo
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: New South Wales

Postby Neo » Fri 15 Sep, 2017 9:54 am

G'day I'm 6'2" with a US 12 shoe. Have been using a micro III long the last few months and it's great. Light, compact, functional. Enough room but not too much.

Comfort 4°C I agree with, limit -2°C your going to want head-to-toe sleepwear and good ground insulation, minimal drafts. As per the ratings system.
Neo
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: New South Wales

Postby Dreamer » Fri 15 Sep, 2017 11:10 pm

Thanks for the comments guys. This sleeping bag is SOLD pending receipt of payment. I'll lock the topic then.
Dreamer
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Return to Sold Claimed Closed and Expired