Secret Sale - Icebreaker & One Planet?

Once an item is sold, found or thread is no longer needed we move it here. These maybe helpful for historic reasons.

Secret Sale - Icebreaker & One Planet?

Postby adventurerichard » Sat 08 May, 2010 2:43 pm

Has anyone else heard about a secret sale at Snowgum? I hope this isn't chinese whispers but a friend of a friend said that she'd heard about a secret sale there on all Icebreaker and One Planet gear, which seems too good to be true because if it is I think I may have to call ANZ and tell them I'm not paying my mortgage this month!!

The way it's supposed to work is that it's open to anyone and you just have to say you're there for the 'secret sale'. The deal is 20% off all Icebreaker and 15% off all One Planet gear but it's not advertised in any way, just word of mouth and only at the Kent St store (which i know is a franchise shop). It starts next weekend and goes for two weeks or maybe the rest of May, i'm/my friend isn't sure.

If I have time I'll go in tomorrow and see what I can suss out. Anyone else heard about this?
adventurerichard
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: New South Wales

Re: Secret Sale - Icebreaker & One Planet?

Postby tasadam » Sun 09 May, 2010 9:23 am

I know nothing about it, but keep us informed!

Moved this topic to Market Square.
tasadam
Magnus administratio
Magnus administratio

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: TasmaniART, Smitten Merino, Macpac
Region: Tasmania

Postby Earthling » Sun 09 May, 2010 1:45 pm

Secrets safe with me.
I wont tell anybody.

Sssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....
Sent from my home planet Earth using the World Wide Web
Earthling
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby scockburn » Sun 09 May, 2010 2:40 pm

Yep up here in Qld , Snowgum has had this sale on for few weeks . Looks as though they are struggling with sales since they dumped some of the the good brands and replaced with Snow Gum. 20 - 15% off OP and some Icebreaker is a good deal . I also bought a thermarest at 30% off . Even some bigger discounts on some other Sea to Summit older gear.
scockburn
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby adventurerichard » Mon 10 May, 2010 10:48 am

I have news! I was too busy on Sunday to go in so I rang up this morning and spoke to Mike who's the owner there so I can be pretty sure it's the right info :D . For the sake of brevity this is the deal:

- Runs Saturday 15th May to the following Sunday 23rd

- Not advertised anywhere so you must go to the counter and tell a staff member you're there for the secret sale first and it's only at the Kent Street store not anywhere else.

- No member discounts/deals/fly buys blah blah blah (actually they don't have a member discount as such) and it's off the RRP so if it's already discounted then it's whatever gives you the better saving.

- 20% off the entire Icebreaker range (i.e. all the current stuff too which is *&%$#! amazing :shock: )

- 15% off all One Planet

- 30% off all Pacific Outdoor self-inflating mats

He also said that if I/you can't make it you can phone up and they'll take phone orders and mail stuff which should be good news for all you non-Sydneysiders. Their OP range is pretty small for packs but he said anything can be ordered in and same for Icebreaker.

Hope I haven't missed anything. Interesting concept to not advertise I thought but still open to anyone and everyone just by saying the magic words (open sesame!). Seems they rely on word of mouth?
adventurerichard
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Postby kanangra » Sun 23 May, 2010 1:19 pm

I can confirm this works.
kanangra
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby adventurerichard » Mon 07 Jun, 2010 4:25 pm

been away a few weeks but i did pop in and bought myself ANOTHER One Planet sleeping bag!! Let's not ask how many I now have but suffice to say this time i got the Stowaway 200 to go with my Cocoon 500 in my lightweight collection of gear.

I held off my big Icebreaker purchase that I'd been psyching myself up for as one of the staff there told me that it's likely that they'll be doing big deals during their 4 day sale at the end of June. Plus I was feeling a bit skint after my fridge freezer died and i needed a new one.
adventurerichard
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Return to Sold Claimed Closed and Expired