worlds lightest sleeping bag claims

A place to chat about gear and the philosphy of ultralight. Ultralight bushwalking or backpacking focuses on carrying the lightest and simplest kit. There is still a good focus on safety and skill.
Forum rules
Ultralight Bushwalking/backpacking is about more than just gear lists. Ultralight walkers carefully consider gear based on the environment they are entering, the weather forecast, their own skill, other people in the group. Gear and systems are tested and tweaked.
If you are new to this area then welcome - Please remember that although the same ultralight philosophy can be used in all environments that the specific gear and skill required will vary greatly. It is very dangerous to assume that you can just copy someone else's gear list, but you are encouraged to ask questions, learn and start reducing the pack weight and enjoying the freedom that comes.

Common words
Base pack backpacking the mass of the backpack and the gear inside - not including consumables such as food, water and fuel
light backpacking base weight less than 9.1kg
ultralight backpacking base weight less than 4.5kg
super-ultralight backpacking base weight less than 2.3kg
extreme-ultralight backpacking base weight less than 1.4kg

Re: worlds lightest sleeping bag claims

Postby GPSGuided » Tue 01 Oct, 2013 9:52 pm

Did I tell you all about my new super ultralight highest tech sleeping bag that's rated for -30 deg C? It's barely 80g and compliments your existing triple layer down jackets and insulating pants. Tested on the dark side of the moon. $2999 each with free P&H. Choice of colours.

PS. I now claim world's lightest sleep bag title.
Last edited by GPSGuided on Tue 01 Oct, 2013 9:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Just move it!
GPSGuided
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: New South Wales

Postby andrewa » Tue 01 Oct, 2013 9:56 pm

Shti, I've just noticed my left leg is longer than my right. ? Coincidence?

A
andrewa
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: None
Region: Victoria

Postby icefest » Tue 01 Oct, 2013 11:01 pm

GPSGuided wrote:Did I tell you all about my new super ultralight highest tech sleeping bag that's rated for -30 deg C? It's barely 80g and compliments your existing triple layer down jackets and insulating pants. Tested on the dark side of the moon. $2999 each with free P&H. Choice of colours.

Can I get one in red?
Men wanted for hazardous journey. Low wages, bitter cold, long hours of complete darkness. Safe return doubtful.
icefest
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby Moondog55 » Mon 07 Oct, 2013 8:29 am

GPSGuided wrote:Did I tell you all about my new super ultralight highest tech sleeping bag that's rated for -30 deg C? It's barely 80g and compliments your existing triple layer down jackets and insulating pants. Tested on the dark side of the moon. $2999 each with free P&H. Choice of colours.

PS. I now claim world's lightest sleep bag title.

You forgot to mention the battery weight, don't the battery packs for those sleeping bags weigh 31 kilos??
Ve are too soon old und too late schmart
Moondog55
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby Mark F » Mon 07 Oct, 2013 8:44 am

You could swap out the old swiggle for one made on unobtainium and cut the weight to 78 grams.
"Perfection is attained not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to remove".
Mark F
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Australian Capital Territory

Postby wayno » Mon 07 Oct, 2013 8:45 am

off topic, this should be in the marketplace thread 8)
from the land of the long white clouds...
wayno
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: New Zealand

Postby Joomy » Tue 08 Oct, 2013 12:24 am

The most interesting application for these superlight bags is to use them to push your regular 3 or 4 seasons bags into the next season. Like a 0C turned into a -10C, or a -10C into an expedition worthy -20C (if their +10C rating is to be believed). It could also be excellent to use with a quilt in cold conditions where the inner bag would seal out drafts too. For 240 grams that seems pretty darn amazing. The main downside I can see is that adding fabric layers decreases breathability somewhat.
Joomy
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: Australian Capital Territory

Previous

Return to Ultralight backpacking