90's Salomon Trente 30ℓ - Day Pack

A place to chat about gear and the philosphy of ultralight. Ultralight bushwalking or backpacking focuses on carrying the lightest and simplest kit. There is still a good focus on safety and skill.
Forum rules
Ultralight Bushwalking/backpacking is about more than just gear lists. Ultralight walkers carefully consider gear based on the environment they are entering, the weather forecast, their own skill, other people in the group. Gear and systems are tested and tweaked.
If you are new to this area then welcome - Please remember that although the same ultralight philosophy can be used in all environments that the specific gear and skill required will vary greatly. It is very dangerous to assume that you can just copy someone else's gear list, but you are encouraged to ask questions, learn and start reducing the pack weight and enjoying the freedom that comes.

Common words
Base pack backpacking the mass of the backpack and the gear inside - not including consumables such as food, water and fuel
light backpacking base weight less than 9.1kg
ultralight backpacking base weight less than 4.5kg
super-ultralight backpacking base weight less than 2.3kg
extreme-ultralight backpacking base weight less than 1.4kg

Postby Zone-5 » Tue 07 Jan, 2014 8:08 pm

Originally bought as a competition langlauf gear set with ski's and poles but is now mainly chosen for summer hiking.

Here is my super light day pack that I have used occasionally since 1998. Used on about 70 day hikes so far. I don't abuse my gear in fact I like that most of it is still rather new looking but this one is like as new. Go figure.. as Salomon stuff is great but it does not last even if you do look after it! Salomon plastics and rubbers usually denature over time and fail making them ultimately throw aways! But not this one!

It's a late 90's Salomon Trente 30ℓ - Day Pack, a camel and green 30 litre lightweight day pack worth new ~$95 AUD.

It's of a very light weight construction for it's vintage, ergonomic, carbon framed, 7 internal compartments, waterproof and has an understated design that works nicely into my understated way. All I do is hit it with a good spray of non gloss Armorall every year and leave it to dry on a rack.

I've never seen another one like it before purchase or after!

:o
... moved to another forum @ 10/10/2015
Zone-5
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: Australia

Return to Ultralight backpacking