Six moons design fusion 65

A place to chat about gear and the philosphy of ultralight. Ultralight bushwalking or backpacking focuses on carrying the lightest and simplest kit. There is still a good focus on safety and skill.
Forum rules
Ultralight Bushwalking/backpacking is about more than just gear lists. Ultralight walkers carefully consider gear based on the environment they are entering, the weather forecast, their own skill, other people in the group. Gear and systems are tested and tweaked.
If you are new to this area then welcome - Please remember that although the same ultralight philosophy can be used in all environments that the specific gear and skill required will vary greatly. It is very dangerous to assume that you can just copy someone else's gear list, but you are encouraged to ask questions, learn and start reducing the pack weight and enjoying the freedom that comes.

Common words
Base pack backpacking the mass of the backpack and the gear inside - not including consumables such as food, water and fuel
light backpacking base weight less than 9.1kg
ultralight backpacking base weight less than 4.5kg
super-ultralight backpacking base weight less than 2.3kg
extreme-ultralight backpacking base weight less than 1.4kg

Six moons design fusion 65

Postby Stevestribe » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 11:58 am

Hi all new to the forums..Recently had a dilemma choosing between the ula circuit and the SMD fusion 65.. after researching both packs I settled for the smd fusion 65 due to the ability to handle heavier loads as opposed to the circuit.. thoughts!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stevestribe
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Victoria

Re: Six moons design fusion 65

Postby threshold » Thu 22 Jun, 2017 8:51 pm

Don't know anything about their packs, but smd make good quality gear. I have two tents of theirs. I wouldn't imagine it being a bad quality pack mate.
threshold
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: South Australia

Postby Stevestribe » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 6:20 am

threshold wrote:Don't know anything about their packs, but smd make good quality gear. I have two tents of theirs. I wouldn't imagine it being a bad quality pack mate.

Haven't had a chance to take it out for a spin yet though looking forward to, it's the second gen fusion 65, first gen had some small issues with small side pockets, now rectified with decent size pockets has the same robic nylon fabric as the ULA packs this a collaborative design by ex ULA co owner Brian Frankel and Ron Moak of Six moons design.

Stevestribe
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Postby simonm » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 6:58 am

I have the Fusion 65 first gen. Great pack but the stitching was very ordinary in places.
simonm
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Tier Gear Tasmania
Region: Tasmania

Postby Stevestribe » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 7:43 am

simonm wrote:I have the Fusion 65 first gen. Great pack but the stitching was very ordinary in places.

The Quality control on the second gen is better, I went through the pack with a fine tooth comb, stitching is a lot better than some photos I've seen on the web on the first gen packs. Love the harness though fits like a glove.

Stevestribe
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Return to Ultralight backpacking