[ Liner gloves] XTM Arctic liners First impressions

A place to share systematic reviews of bushwalking equipment, services and idea.
Forum rules
Forum rules
This is a place to share fair and systematic reviews of gear. Share the good, bad and ugly as well as including how you tested it and reviewed the gear. This is not the place to carry on about a bit of gear that failed, sometimes good gear has a lemon - this is more about systematic reviews. Although this can be a way to help gear manufactures with feedback, this is not the place to hassle them or ask for money back.

Start each thread with
[tag]Brand, product, RRP in AUD. The tags have two parts the type of gear and type of testing/review. eg
[Sleeping bag | Unboxing] Kmart Summit Hooded $29
[Stove | Field test]Jetboil, flash $150

Suggested review types. Unboxing, field test, 1 year on, stress test, teardown.
If someone else has already reviewed the same product in a similar method then please use the initial thread to include your review. Please note if the gear was provide to you for free, loan, discount or if you paid full RRP.

[ Liner gloves] XTM Arctic liners First impressions

Postby Moondog55 » Sun 29 May, 2016 7:08 am

I have had a lot of trouble finding gloves that are both long enough and light enough for me to consider them as liners.
I was in BCF yesterday after visiting ALDI for a pair of cheap googles and found some new winter oriented stands
On removing all the anti theft tags and trying them on I have to say that apart from one major niggle these work for me.
Fabric is generic polyester but even generics are very good these days and feel about a 1/3 of the thickness of the lightest of the current OR liners the PL100
http://www.bcf.com.au/online-store/prod ... mendations
Mainpeak have them cheaper but only in XL
The major niggle is that like all glove makers XTM have not thought through usage patterns and have these constructed for good looks not practicality and cheapness of manufacture and have the cuff seam on the inside right where the sensitive part of the wrist is
I will need to unpick and resew on the correct side which is a PITA and takes a few hours work

Apart from this I think they will work better as liners than my OR PL100 being so much thinner and less stiff on my hands
I have sent XTM a copy of this review but I doubt they will take the advice
Ve are too soon old und too late schmart
Moondog55
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Victoria

Follow up

Postby Moondog55 » Sun 19 Jun, 2016 3:09 pm

Just an additional benefit
These have just enough stretch in them that there is some very slight compression and I've been wearing them for the last week to help with arthritis pain in my hands and they are helping
If this is what you need I'd suggest getting the size down to maximise compression
Moondog55
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Re: [ Liner gloves] XTM Arctic liners First impressions

Postby Moondog55 » Fri 21 Oct, 2016 6:27 am

After wearing for a full ski season and beyond I highly recommend these gloves if you can find them.
They work much better than my previous liner which were silk
They are now on clearance at BCF and I may pick up another pair, being so thin they will probably wear out reasonably quickly but I have got a full ski season from a pair which is really quite good
Moondog55
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Return to Gear Reviews