Jetboil Minimo

A place to share systematic reviews of bushwalking equipment, services and idea.
Forum rules
Forum rules
This is a place to share fair and systematic reviews of gear. Share the good, bad and ugly as well as including how you tested it and reviewed the gear. This is not the place to carry on about a bit of gear that failed, sometimes good gear has a lemon - this is more about systematic reviews. Although this can be a way to help gear manufactures with feedback, this is not the place to hassle them or ask for money back.

Start each thread with
[tag]Brand, product, RRP in AUD. The tags have two parts the type of gear and type of testing/review. eg
[Sleeping bag | Unboxing] Kmart Summit Hooded $29
[Stove | Field test]Jetboil, flash $150

Suggested review types. Unboxing, field test, 1 year on, stress test, teardown.
If someone else has already reviewed the same product in a similar method then please use the initial thread to include your review. Please note if the gear was provide to you for free, loan, discount or if you paid full RRP.

Jetboil Minimo

Postby rurik » Fri 09 Dec, 2016 1:37 pm

At the moment I have a Jetboil Ti which I love and has been one of the best bits of kit I own. However like every other user I have found it to be exceptional at boiling water and not much good for anything else which is fine but as time goes on I am finding myself having a reaction to the freeze dried meals which is not pleasant.

Because of this I am thinking of upgrading to a Minimo as it will give me a few other options. However I am wondering if it is worth the money todo this? I do have other stoves but I really like my Jetboil and would like to continue to use one but won't bother upgrading if the simmer/cooking abilities are not worth it.

Anyhow what are people's thoughts on the Minimo as compared to the others in the range?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rurik
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: Australian Capital Territory

Re: Jetboil Minimo

Postby stepbystep » Sat 10 Dec, 2016 8:06 am

I have used a minimo on a few trips. It's really good. It was used to cook for two of us and we were able to make some great meals. It allows for a good simmer. When my Sol finally dies I will replace with the minimo. Over the years I have become fairly adept at getting the most out of the Sol. Even a simmer....we also had the coffee press, so could enjoy good coffee in the morning too :)
The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders ~ Edward Abbey
stepbystep
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Tasmania

Postby norts » Sat 10 Dec, 2016 12:06 pm

There is also the Micromo.
Not coming to Australia I was told by S2S agent but you can get in the US.
norts
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Tasmania

Postby ConnorH » Tue 14 Feb, 2017 5:46 pm

I've used the Sumo which has the same stove element. The simmer is okay, but don't expect a lot of fine adjustment. It's also hard to see the flame once the pot is fitted, so if you're trying to adjust its easy to put your flame out by accident. So workable but not the best.
ConnorH
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: New South Wales

Return to Gear Reviews