Uniqlo airism MESH Tshirts

A place to share systematic reviews of bushwalking equipment, services and idea.
Forum rules
Forum rules
This is a place to share fair and systematic reviews of gear. Share the good, bad and ugly as well as including how you tested it and reviewed the gear. This is not the place to carry on about a bit of gear that failed, sometimes good gear has a lemon - this is more about systematic reviews. Although this can be a way to help gear manufactures with feedback, this is not the place to hassle them or ask for money back.

Start each thread with
[tag]Brand, product, RRP in AUD. The tags have two parts the type of gear and type of testing/review. eg
[Sleeping bag | Unboxing] Kmart Summit Hooded $29
[Stove | Field test]Jetboil, flash $150

Suggested review types. Unboxing, field test, 1 year on, stress test, teardown.
If someone else has already reviewed the same product in a similar method then please use the initial thread to include your review. Please note if the gear was provide to you for free, loan, discount or if you paid full RRP.

Uniqlo airism MESH Tshirts

Postby Lamont » Sat 20 Jan, 2018 4:14 pm

http://www.uniqlo.com/au/store/men-airi ... 60014.html

Not sure where this goes or if anyone is interested but here goes..

After multiple uses of the mesh tshirt mens (but would easily be unisex, I paid 9.95, 14.95 normally on sale wait for them they always happen), above I thought I would put a post out to say I think they are great. I walked 20kms this morning, in high humidity with this under POLY/Cotton shirt. No big deal except this was the fifth time (each time in heat and sweaty conditions, 20-22 ks, 4 hours or so,walking about 5-6ks on the flat) without washing the outer long sleeved shirt, so 5 times and NO sweaty/off smell on the shirt-NONE. Yes, I smelt under the arm pits. I did however wear 2 of the mesh tshirts, one 3 times and one twice. The tshirt after the third time took on a very slightly sweaty smell but not offensively so-very, very mild. The tshirt after 2 wearings essentially no smell. I meant to use it for all 5 times but forgot. I got my daughter to smell it also, I didn't tell her what I was doing and she confirmed what I thought and tried to punch me too. The bonus is that they dry astonishingly quick like the jocks. You could wash it, wring it out and put it back on. The tshirt gets sweaty as does the outer shirt. I do not notice any extra heating by wearing this. Must be the MESH, oh and it is almost see thru'. Well that's it.
Lamont
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: https://www.againstmalaria.com/
Region: Other Country

Re: Uniqlo airism MESH Tshirts

Postby keithy » Sun 21 Jan, 2018 6:20 pm

I've got both the Mesh and normal Airism undershirts. I find the mesh ones while nice and light, tend to rub against my skin a bit more than the non-mesh airism fabric, especially when carrying a heavier pack - the mesh gives me more of a shoulder rash than the non-mesh ones.

I found the same for the Airism boxers. The Airism fabric is comfortable, light and very quick drying. I tried the mesh boxers on a 6 day walk, and they weren't as comfy. Again, I found the mesh rubbed my skin the wrong way and I had hotspots every day.

The mesh airsim ones for me seem to be ok for normal daily use when I'm not pack carrying or walking kms per day, but for bushwalking I've gone back to the non-mesh variety.
keithy
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Postby Neo » Sun 21 Jan, 2018 10:16 pm

I've tried the airism undies which are pretty good. Have too many Kmart $5 T-shirts so couldn't justify airism ones (yet!)
Neo
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: New South Wales

Postby Gadgetgeek » Mon 22 Jan, 2018 7:51 pm

I'm loving the fit of my airism stuff. For my use, I've found the mesh boxerbriefs to be more comfy, but I can see how they and the mesh shirts might chafe more. Not been a problem for me so far. I also find the fit better than the Exofficio stuff. Those just all seem to fit weird, I'm not an unusual shape (just rail thin and average height) but the exo stuff is just odd.
Gadgetgeek
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: Queensland

Postby slparker » Mon 22 Jan, 2018 9:42 pm

I think they’re the best hot weather garment I have worn.

If only they came in long sleeve.
slparker
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby Lamont » Thu 25 Jan, 2018 2:27 pm

I have the standard Airism in long sleeve-keep your eyes on the site, and they may pop up again.
Lamont
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: https://www.againstmalaria.com/

Postby Neo » Thu 25 Jan, 2018 4:24 pm

Hmm I've looked a few times for an airism longsleeve.

Have a couple of OR hooded running tops and a random Kmart waffle-knit in longsleeve for now.
Neo
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: New South Wales

Postby slparker » Mon 05 Mar, 2018 4:11 pm

I just stacked my mountain bike on the weekend whilst wearing an Airism top.

It was a hard fall onto gravel and I kept sliding after I fell. I lost a lot of bark, including abrasions under the t-shirt, but the t-shirt survived unscathed.

That is very good abrasion resistance in my book. In stating that, I do have some pilling on the back where my walking pack rubs against it.
slparker
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Return to Gear Reviews