Desktop version
A place to share systematic reviews of bushwalking equipment, services and idea.

Forum rules

Forum rules
This is a place to share fair and systematic reviews of gear. Share the good, bad and ugly as well as including how you tested it and reviewed the gear. This is not the place to carry on about a bit of gear that failed, sometimes good gear has a lemon - this is more about systematic reviews. Although this can be a way to help gear manufactures with feedback, this is not the place to hassle them or ask for money back.

Start each thread with
[tag]Brand, product, RRP in AUD. The tags have two parts the type of gear and type of testing/review. eg
[Sleeping bag | Unboxing] Kmart Summit Hooded $29
[Stove | Field test]Jetboil, flash $150

Suggested review types. Unboxing, field test, 1 year on, stress test, teardown.
If someone else has already reviewed the same product in a similar method then please use the initial thread to include your review. Please note if the gear was provide to you for free, loan, discount or if you paid full RRP.
Post a reply

Aldi vs Darche tarp poles

Sun 30 Sep, 2018 3:52 pm

Aldi $12 vs Darche via Wildearth ~$25

They are 95% the same.

Differences are the Darche has a knurled spigot/pointy end and the rubber foot is slightly more ribbed.

The Aldi version is new today so not fully tested. They are obviously the same product. My Darche pole has been fine. One time the twist lock mechanism wouldn't grab due to being completely rained on. But then I got it to work. At the moment my Darche pole has a dent close to the foot which can upset the internal locking mechanism. Should be able to tap it out/panel beat it to fix that.

$12 vs double retail. Pole goes from 900 to 2300mm.

Something I've noticed with Aldi stores is the neighbourhood demographic, some stores still get the outdoors type gear but the is plenty left!

ATM for this pole, think it came out Saturday if the NSW long weekend so go get some.

(trimmed my kit, no scales onboard :) )
Attachments
IMAG0528.jpg

Re: Aldi vs Darche tarp poles

Thu 04 Oct, 2018 5:42 pm

Neo - Thanks for putting me onto the Aldi ones. For car camping I have a few older Aldi poles that are two section and quite awkward to pack into my Forester due to their length. The three section ones are much easier to deal with.

Re: Aldi vs Darche tarp poles

Thu 04 Oct, 2018 8:14 pm

Ya the 3 piece is convenient, around 900mm at its shortest.
Post a reply