Desktop version
A forum for discussing the Australian Alps Walking Track. This is a 655 km long track from Walhalla (Vic) to Tharwa (ACT)
Post a reply

Drone footage / Video footage of the AAWT

Fri 13 Oct, 2017 1:41 pm

What footage would you like to watch of the alps?

Hi all, I'm taking with me on my AAWT trip a bunch of gear to film with, Gopro, drone a decent camera and a few kgs of powerbanks. Now, watching some video of a hike is nothing like the real thing but if you were curious about what was there before you did it what would you want to see?? Personally I would like to see what is around the huts, they interest me a lot but I've only ever seen photos or videos of them relatively close and have little to no idea what the surrounding area/landscape is like..

What do you think? Thanks any responses and ideas.

Re: Drone footage / Video footage of the AAWT

Fri 13 Oct, 2017 3:07 pm

Be aware that it is illegal to fly drones in National Parks without a permit. Enjoy your walk and the challenge, it should be personal thing, not something that only has value through broadcasting it for acclamation from the masses.

Fri 13 Oct, 2017 3:45 pm

I like drone footage but don't enjoy the noise. Good luck on your walk and here's some info that might be useful...

http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/park-manageme ... hotography

http://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/topic ... s-in-parks

Fri 13 Oct, 2017 7:39 pm

Wow, that's quite a few extra kgs - esp with the power banks.

Even my Spark drone, plus 3 batteries is 600g, plus controller.....it all adds up. And then I find I'm too stuffed with the walking to be bothered with film.

A

Fri 13 Oct, 2017 8:15 pm

If you really want to do something definitive it will take at least 2 walks. 1st time shoot, shoot, shoot, second time to get the shots you missed the first time
The parks do understand that tourism is a big part of their revenue. So you can leverage that to get permission to fly.
Post a reply