T'port from Lake St Clair to Launceston Airport Mon 6 March

For people seeking walking companions or transport for the Overland Track in Tasmania
Forum rules
This forum is for people seeking walking companions or transport for the Overland Track. There is a separate forum to find walking companions and transport for other walking areas.

1 This website is not a bushwalking club.
2 Users take responsibility for all actions arising from meetings made via this website.
3 Be totally self-sufficient – your own tent, stove, gear, etc.
4 Walkers under the age of 18 and/or those walking with them should raise the trip with the under 18's parents or legal guardians.
5 Please lock your thread when it is no longer needed. Moderators may lock threads without notice.
More details on these guidelines

T'port from Lake St Clair to Launceston Airport Mon 6 March

Postby Suse » Sat 04 Feb, 2017 5:40 pm

HI,

Hiking OLT and looking to share or join in transport options from Lake St Clair to Launceston airport on Monday 6 March 2017. Anyone got anything booked that I can join in on?
Or is anyone interested in joining me (I have sourced an option). Having an extra person(s) will reduce cost with the transport company.

Suse
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Queensland

Re: T'port from Lake St Clair to Launceston Airport Mon 6 Ma

Postby lseries92 » Sun 05 Feb, 2017 7:46 am

Hi Suse - We are doing the OLT later that month (we start on the 8th March). While we do not have a firm finish date as yet, we are also looking transport options back to Launceston. One option I run across was Outdoor Tasmania who publish where their bus is going and how many have booked to help get the costs down.

http://outdoortasmania.com.au/media/pdf ... eboard.pdf

Looks like the bus is already going in your direction that day (2pm departure) and has three people booked on it so if you join them you can get the costs down further.
lseries92
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Re: T'port from Lake St Clair to Launceston Airport Mon 6 Ma

Postby Suse » Sun 05 Feb, 2017 4:10 pm

Awesome, thanks so much for the link. I will get in touch with them. Enjoy your walk.
Actually this is the company I have the quote for already. Probably end up going with them I would say.
Thanks again.
Suse
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Return to Find Companions or Transport for the Overland Track