Lift/Costs from Lake St. Clair to Cradle Mountain 1st Oct

For people seeking walking companions or transport for the Overland Track in Tasmania
Forum rules
This forum is for people seeking walking companions or transport for the Overland Track. There is a separate forum to find walking companions and transport for other walking areas.

1 This website is not a bushwalking club.
2 Users take responsibility for all actions arising from meetings made via this website.
3 Be totally self-sufficient – your own tent, stove, gear, etc.
4 Walkers under the age of 18 and/or those walking with them should raise the trip with the under 18's parents or legal guardians.
5 Please lock your thread when it is no longer needed. Moderators may lock threads without notice.
More details on these guidelines

Lift/Costs from Lake St. Clair to Cradle Mountain 1st Oct

Postby Heavy » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 3:48 pm

Hi All,

I know this forum seems to be mainly concerned with lift/travel arrangements, but here is another one :D

I am doing the overland track (with my girlfriend) from 25th Sep to 1st Oct.

We are finishing up at Lake St. Clair on the 1st Oct, and we need to get back to Cradle Mountain where our car will be parked. If anyone could help with any of the below options, it would be much appreciated.

1. We have been quoted $400 to get a bus on the 1st Oct. If two more people join us it would be $100 a head.
2. Pick-up our car from Cradle Mountain prior to 1st Oct and drive it to Lake St. Clair.
3. Allow us to drive your car from Lake St. Clair to Cradle Mountain on the 1st Oct and leave it at Cradle Mountain for you.

If anyone can help us with 2. or 3., the bonus is that I have already purchased the Holiday Parks Pass (which includes up to 4 people) which you could utilise as well.

If anyone can help that would be appreciated, else we'll be spending $400 for a bus trip! :shock: :lol:

As a side note, I think the Parks website needs to be altered to reflect the fact that it is not actually that easy to commute between Cradle Mountain and Lake St. Clair!

Thanks again!
Heavy
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Victoria

Re: Lift/Costs from Lake St. Clair to Cradle Mountain 1st Oc

Postby Samgibsonsmith » Mon 11 Sep, 2017 1:45 pm

Hi there!
My boyfriend and I are planning to do the overland leaving Lake St Clair on the 23rd September - aiming to be at Cradle within 4 days (with leeway for weather of course) and so we would be very interested in grabbing your car at cradle mountain and bringing it back to Lake St Clair! We have been trawling the internet for awhile trying to find a way to avoid a massive car shuffle between the two of us! I have done the overland in winter before and we are both safe and responsible people. Would love to get in touch to discuss further. Let me know! Thank you!
Samgibsonsmith
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Tasmania

Re: Lift/Costs from Lake St. Clair to Cradle Mountain 1st Oc

Postby Drewster » Thu 21 Sep, 2017 2:14 pm

Hey, I would be so down to join you, and I have a car too, if you need to shuttle between trailheads. I know it's pretty last minute, but please let me know if there's room!
Drewster
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Australia

Return to Find Companions or Transport for the Overland Track