Clouds movement over the Bogong High Plains again

Bushwalking pictures.
Forum rules
Please keep the width of embedded images (using [img] [/img] tags) in this forum to no more than 800 pixels wide (this will avoid them being clipped without notice by most users' window sizes). Attached images can be any resolution so long as the file size is no more than 1 MB (attachments will be displayed by the forums as thumbnails no larger than 800 pixels linked to the full-size image).

Please include a description of the pictures' content so that readers know what they're all about.

For topics focussed on narrative rather than the photos, please consider posting in one of the 'Trip Report' forums instead.

Clouds movement over the Bogong High Plains again

Postby wildernesswanderer » Wed 07 Nov, 2012 6:46 pm

This is the first image I shot using the 10stop filter to get the cloud movement.
Attachments
bogong.jpg
wildernesswanderer
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Victoria

Re: Clouds movement over the Bogong High Plains again

Postby quicky » Fri 23 Nov, 2012 3:03 pm

That's a really nice shot. What gear do you have?

I have always been a point-and-shoot kinda person...you know, the waterproof shockproof idiot-proof type. Lately, after joining in on some conversations on BPL, I have decided to explore other options for photography, something like the Sony RX100, S110 or the Olympus XZ-1.... or something of that calibre...kinda thing! :shock:

But still, I'd love to hear your thoughts on cameras for a novice who wants to take that little more time and effort in photography.

Cheers
quicky
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby Davekyn » Sat 01 Dec, 2012 1:41 pm

Looks very surreal. Brings another whole new dimension to the scene.
Well done!
The best signature, is none.
Davekyn
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Queensland

Postby Travis22 » Sun 02 Dec, 2012 12:11 pm

Nice photo WW,

Your 10stopper, is it from B&W? I love ours, however i prefer its effects on water and or people/ vehicles (erasing) over what it does to the sky.

Travis.
Travis22
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Postby wildernesswanderer » Sun 02 Dec, 2012 8:34 pm

Thanks for the replies. Yes the filter is a B+W 10 stop although I'm thinking of buying a Singh-Ray Vari. I actually love what it will do to the clouds but I only use it to get the movement if I think the subject matter will look good with it so I don't use it to much.

As for equipment, this depends on what you want to achieve. I use filters on my lenses so any camera that doesn't allow me to use filters is out as far as I'm concerned. I use ND Grad filters, Reverse Grads, Polarisers and the full ND filters. All my cameras whether my full pro gear or my point and shoot will allow filters to be used.
wildernesswanderer
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Return to Gallery