Six Tawny Frogmouths sitting in a tree...

Bushwalking pictures.
Forum rules
Please keep the width of embedded images (using [img] [/img] tags) in this forum to no more than 800 pixels wide (this will avoid them being clipped without notice by most users' window sizes). Attached images can be any resolution so long as the file size is no more than 1 MB (attachments will be displayed by the forums as thumbnails no larger than 800 pixels linked to the full-size image).

Please include a description of the pictures' content so that readers know what they're all about.

For topics focussed on narrative rather than the photos, please consider posting in one of the 'Trip Report' forums instead.

Six Tawny Frogmouths sitting in a tree...

Postby michael_p » Fri 16 Nov, 2012 5:37 pm

Yesterday afternoon while I was out having an afternoon walk I spotted six Tawny Frogmouths sitting in the one tree. Unfortunately the light was fading and I only had my camera phone so the photo isn't very good. I have added arrows to show where they are. Enjoy.

tawny.jpg
One foot in front of the other.
michael_p
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: New South Wales

Re: Six Tawny Frogmouths sitting in a tree...

Postby taswegian » Sun 18 Nov, 2012 7:32 pm

That must have been breathtaking.
We were swimming with some sea turtles a couple weeks back and it bought tears to my wife.
She was mesmerised.

Sights like you show must be quite rare.
taswegian
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: Tasmania

Re: Six Tawny Frogmouths sitting in a tree...

Postby wander » Mon 19 Nov, 2012 2:46 pm

Twany's often remain in family groups, such a large group is rare but often 2 to 4 can be found in the same tree or very local area.
wander

Region: South Australia

Return to Gallery