Panoramic view Hawkesbury River

Bushwalking pictures.
Forum rules
Please keep the width of embedded images (using [img] [/img] tags) in this forum to no more than 800 pixels wide (this will avoid them being clipped without notice by most users' window sizes). Attached images can be any resolution so long as the file size is no more than 1 MB (attachments will be displayed by the forums as thumbnails no larger than 800 pixels linked to the full-size image).

Please include a description of the pictures' content so that readers know what they're all about.

For topics focussed on narrative rather than the photos, please consider posting in one of the 'Trip Report' forums instead.

Panoramic view Hawkesbury River

Postby amurphy » Fri 20 Feb, 2009 1:02 am

Hey everyone

Thought you might like a squiz at a panoramic photo I took on my last hike. It was from a glorious little lookout called Warrah Lookout (Brisbane Water NP), just near Patonga Beach (this is north of Sydney). Great 180 degree view of the Hawkesbury River, stretching from Palm Head all the way to Patonga Beach on the right.

pano.jpg
Picture from Warrah Lookout

The highlight was when a RAAF plane flew past the lookout, almost level in altitude, above the river surface. The hike itself wasn't too bad either.

Unfortunately the photo presents fair amount of banding (which is quite distracting), and I didnt quite get the right curvature so that when they all overlap it forms a near rectangle (and hence can be cropped to form a nice-looking photo). Would have liked a bit more sky and such. But I still think not too bad from a cheapo plastic camera from Aldi!
amurphy
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Australia

Re: Panoramic view Hawkesbury River

Postby Son of a Beach » Fri 20 Feb, 2009 7:38 am

It's a nice picture of a beautiful location!
Son of a Beach
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Bit Map (NIXANZ)
Region: Tasmania

Postby Steve » Fri 20 Feb, 2009 5:12 pm

Nice shot amurphy!

Do you use photoshop? As you should be able to mess around in there and fix that curvature up if you wanted to.
One foot in front of the other, Hack all pain, Never stop walking.
Steve
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Tasmania

Postby iandsmith » Sun 29 Mar, 2009 10:02 am

Thank you for sharing.
iandsmith
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Return to Gallery