Mt Field Photo

Bushwalking pictures.
Forum rules
Please keep the width of embedded images (using [img] [/img] tags) in this forum to no more than 800 pixels wide (this will avoid them being clipped without notice by most users' window sizes). Attached images can be any resolution so long as the file size is no more than 1 MB (attachments will be displayed by the forums as thumbnails no larger than 800 pixels linked to the full-size image).

Please include a description of the pictures' content so that readers know what they're all about.

For topics focussed on narrative rather than the photos, please consider posting in one of the 'Trip Report' forums instead.

Mt Field Photo

Postby PeterJ » Sat 13 Oct, 2007 11:44 am

A recent photo from Mt Field. Photo courtesy of Alan Cross from a few days ago

I am just testing the method of putting photos on this site and this photo just happened to be handy. Alan takes a lot of superb photos

PeterJ
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Tasmania

Postby Son of a Beach » Sat 13 Oct, 2007 8:05 pm

That's a great shot, and a charming little Hut. Is the mountain range in the distant background the Western Arthurs?

(Looks like the blog host has issues with it's hosted photos to be embedded in other sites, unfortunately - sometimes the photo appears here and sometimes it doesn't. I copied/pasted the URL from the page source and viewed it that way at first. Oddly enough, when I reloaded this page, while having the photo open in another page, it appeared here - if I then closed that other page, and reloaded this page, it disappeared again. After making this post, it appears here every time. Bizarre.).
Son of a Beach
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Bit Map (NIXANZ)

A photo from another source

Postby PeterJ » Sun 14 Oct, 2007 8:47 am

Yes strange it sometimes is not there when i look too. I have tried one from another location.
"Morning Fog Narcissus River"

PeterJ
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby tasadam » Mon 15 Oct, 2007 8:34 am

Son of a Beach wrote:(Looks like the blog host has issues with it's hosted photos to be embedded in other sites, unfortunately - sometimes the photo appears here and sometimes it doesn't. I copied/pasted the URL from the page source and viewed it that way at first. Oddly enough, when I reloaded this page, while having the photo open in another page, it appeared here - if I then closed that other page, and reloaded this page, it disappeared again. After making this post, it appears here every time. Bizarre.).

Some image hosting sites don't allow a direct link to an image like this. They call it "hotlinking".
Which is wierd, because I too copied the URL into a browser to see the image. After it was open in another window this page then looked correct.

For the benefit of others that may experience this problem, you can see the image in the first post by copying this and pasting it into your browser.
http://www.blognow.com.au/uploads/m/melaleuca/54755.jpg

You can't just click on the link, you have to copy the URL and paste it into a browser address bar.
tasadam
Magnus administratio
Magnus administratio

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: TasmaniART, Smitten Merino, Macpac

Return to Gallery