Girraween in Spring

Bushwalking pictures.
Forum rules
Please keep the width of embedded images (using [img] [/img] tags) in this forum to no more than 800 pixels wide (this will avoid them being clipped without notice by most users' window sizes). Attached images can be any resolution so long as the file size is no more than 1 MB (attachments will be displayed by the forums as thumbnails no larger than 800 pixels linked to the full-size image).

Please include a description of the pictures' content so that readers know what they're all about.

For topics focussed on narrative rather than the photos, please consider posting in one of the 'Trip Report' forums instead.

Girraween in Spring

Postby cams » Tue 30 Sep, 2014 7:44 pm

Yes more Girra shots... :) A few weeks ago we had a glorious 6 days at Girraween. The flowers were still not at their best, but still beautiful. Here are a few shots:

View from the descent from Mt. Norman. We had showers coming and going throughout the day and the wind blowing a gale. Eagles and peregrines soaring overhead. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Rock on Mt. Norman

A bee does its work

Eastern Grey Kangaroo at the campsite

Above the cascades

Sunset on the Turtle Rock track

As you may have realised, I didn't concentrate on the flowers. However, my brother did. His excellent photos can be found on his Flickr here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/98525835@N08/
cams
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: Tasmania

Re: Girraween in Spring

Postby awildland » Fri 03 Oct, 2014 8:20 am

love the bee shot and the light in the last pic. nice!
awildland
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: New South Wales

Postby phan_TOM » Wed 08 Oct, 2014 9:34 am

Nice photos as usual cams, looks & sounds like you had a few perfect spring days. I really like the clouds breaking over the granite domes in the first shot, very nice & it brings back memories of how the granite can go from super grippy to slippery in the blink of an eye. I don't climb but I wouldn't like to be caught halfway up one of those pitches when the rain started!

We're going out there in the next few weeks before uni goes back and there is still a bit of crispness in the air, can't wait :)
ALWAYS be yourself.
Unless you can be outside, then ALWAYS be outside.
phan_TOM

Region: New South Wales

Postby ofuros » Wed 08 Oct, 2014 3:35 pm

Every time I see pics of Girraween I get this strange urge to throw my pack in the
back of the ute & hit the highway to Stanthorpe....thanks cams. :wink:
Mountain views are good for my soul...& getting to them is good for my waistline !
https://ofuros.exposure.co/
ofuros
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: Queensland

Return to Gallery