Waterfalls in Victoria

Bushwalking pictures.
Forum rules
Please keep the width of embedded images (using [img] [/img] tags) in this forum to no more than 800 pixels wide (this will avoid them being clipped without notice by most users' window sizes). Attached images can be any resolution so long as the file size is no more than 1 MB (attachments will be displayed by the forums as thumbnails no larger than 800 pixels linked to the full-size image).

Please include a description of the pictures' content so that readers know what they're all about.

For topics focussed on narrative rather than the photos, please consider posting in one of the 'Trip Report' forums instead.

Waterfalls in Victoria

Postby Damdiv » Sun 11 Sep, 2016 9:22 pm

Hi All,

thought I would post some photos of a couple of waterfalls in the Grampians I've been to in the last month or so. I love Calectasia Falls on Rosea Creek - anyone been to the one further down Rosea creek ? I've only seen a reference to it on Flickr, it looks to be where the creek crosses the rosea track for the second time.

Any other less well-known falls worth chasing up in Vic ?

Damian.
Attachments
Calectasia Falls.jpg
side view of Calectasia Falls, Grampians
Rosea Creek.jpg
made it to the base on a second trip.
Burrong Falls._-3.jpg
Burrong Falls, Grampians
Damdiv
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Victoria

Re: Waterfalls in Victoria

Postby MickyB » Sun 11 Sep, 2016 9:46 pm

Nice photos Damdiv. Not sure what photo you saw on Flickr but I know of a waterfall on Moora Moora Creek near Rosea Track.
Without looking at my list from memory I think there is 50+ waterfalls in the Grampians and 1000+ in Victoria. Plenty of less well-known falls to chase up.
There are more photos of Vic falls here although I haven't added any for a long time viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14305
Sometimes, I use big words I don't always fully understand in an effort to make myself sound more photosynthesis.
MickyB
Auctorita modica
Auctorita modica

Postby Damdiv » Thu 15 Sep, 2016 1:24 pm

Hi MickyB,

thanks for the link - a great resource. I love the Otways falls pics you posted there.
I guess I was coming at this from the perspective of which waterfalls are photogenic and less well-known than say MacKenzie or Trentham falls.
I found the Flickr info about the other waterfall on Rosea Track:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ben-kreun ... 036455519/

The link is to a photo by Ben Kreunen - he has has some great BnW waterfall pics. he also has a google maps link to this one:
https://www.flickr.com/map/?fLat=-37.21 ... e_nearby=1
and now that I looked again at the map - the falls may be the ones you're referring to as they are on the Moora Moora creek.

Damian
Damdiv
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Postby MickyB » Thu 15 Sep, 2016 2:01 pm

Yep. They're the ones Damdiv. Ben takes some awesome photos and is a really nice guy. He gave me some great advice about some falls around the state earlier in the year.

PM sent re other falls
Sometimes, I use big words I don't always fully understand in an effort to make myself sound more photosynthesis.
MickyB
Auctorita modica
Auctorita modica

Return to Gallery