Ben Lomond, stacks bluff photos wanted

Bushwalking pictures.
Forum rules
Please keep the width of embedded images (using [img] [/img] tags) in this forum to no more than 800 pixels wide (this will avoid them being clipped without notice by most users' window sizes). Attached images can be any resolution so long as the file size is no more than 1 MB (attachments will be displayed by the forums as thumbnails no larger than 800 pixels linked to the full-size image).

Please include a description of the pictures' content so that readers know what they're all about.

For topics focussed on narrative rather than the photos, please consider posting in one of the 'Trip Report' forums instead.

Ben Lomond, stacks bluff photos wanted

Postby slparker » Mon 21 Aug, 2017 6:35 pm

Hi,
I have been contributing to the Wikipedia entries for Ben Lomond (Tas) and Stacks Bluff. What is missing are photos of the mountain that show the scale of the range.
If anyone has some long distance photos of stacks Bluff and the Ben lomond range, perhaps from the midlands, I would love to use them and They would be attributed appropriately.
Please pm me and if you're interested.
Cheers
Sean
slparker
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Re: Ben Lomond, stacks bluff photos wanted

Postby stepbystep » Tue 22 Aug, 2017 11:02 pm

I quite like the angle of Stacks from Sphinx Bluff. If this is of use I can get you something high res and more nicely processed than this...
Attachments
1979093_697225820323627_4360057544477046888_o.jpg
The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders ~ Edward Abbey
stepbystep
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Tasmania

Re: Ben Lomond, stacks bluff photos wanted

Postby slparker » Wed 23 Aug, 2017 10:48 am

Perfect SBS.

I have one photo of the summit of SB already but it really doesn't illustrate the topography well. i am not sure what resolution it needs to be but the existing photo on wikipedia was taken on my phone.

If you are happy to you can PM me a googledrive or dropbox link to a high resolution photo and I will load it to wikipedia. Doing so makes the image
'creative commons' so anyone can use it for any purpose (not sure about commercial purposes) - so long as you are happy and consent to that.

if you want attribution I'll include your name so it will be on the wikipedia image metadata for posterity - I won't be putting my name on the photo, my name will only appear in the edit data on wikipedia and I will also attribute the photo in that data as well if you want me to.
slparker
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Return to Gallery