Desktop version
Bushwalking pictures.

Forum rules

Please keep the width of embedded images (using [img] [/img] tags) in this forum to no more than 800 pixels wide (this will avoid them being clipped without notice by most users' window sizes). Attached images can be any resolution so long as the file size is no more than 1 MB (attachments will be displayed by the forums as thumbnails no larger than 800 pixels linked to the full-size image).

Please include a description of the pictures' content so that readers know what they're all about.

For topics focussed on narrative rather than the photos, please consider posting in one of the 'Trip Report' forums instead.
Post a reply

South West Cape Tue 17/11/09 29 photos, 3.39Mb

Sun 20 Dec, 2009 6:10 am

From my South West Cape circuit, here are some images from day 7.
Tuesday 17/11/09
Wilson Bight to Window Pane Bay

Re: South West Cape Tue 17/11/09 29 photos, 3.39Mb

Tue 13 Apr, 2010 3:53 pm

I like the shadow on the rock. A nice original composition.

Reading your log I agree, it's a long haul from Wilson Bight to Window Pane Bay. I too arrived totally stuffed and badly dehydrated. I'd planned to break it in two and camp on the summit of SW Cape Range. But there was almost no water on the whole range (this was in Feb 09) and certainly not a drop anywhere near the summit when I arrived at about 3pm. With no water, camping there was not an option and I pressed on to Window Pane Bay, another 3 1/2 hours away, waterless, arriving around 6:30pm. Breaking out of that gloomy forest suddenly after 10 hard hours from Wilson Bight, on top of a pristine white dune with a sparkling sunlit sea before me, was one of the finest sights I have ever seen!
http://lexharris.net/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=7227
Post a reply