The Castle

Bushwalking pictures.
Forum rules
Please keep the width of embedded images (using [img] [/img] tags) in this forum to no more than 800 pixels wide (this will avoid them being clipped without notice by most users' window sizes). Attached images can be any resolution so long as the file size is no more than 1 MB (attachments will be displayed by the forums as thumbnails no larger than 800 pixels linked to the full-size image).

Please include a description of the pictures' content so that readers know what they're all about.

For topics focussed on narrative rather than the photos, please consider posting in one of the 'Trip Report' forums instead.

Re: The Castle

Postby WarrenH » Mon 28 Jun, 2010 11:27 am

Wellsy, Thank you.

mountnman, I don't but it is a good view across the gorge to Warre Head from the Cooyoyo Creek campsite.

The camping cave on the track before the start of the climb.

... and the Yadboro upstream of Kaliana Ridge.

Warren.
WarrenH
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: Australian Capital Territory

Postby gburghardt » Sun 22 May, 2011 9:09 pm

On the weekend a group of us tried to access the top of Pickering Point from the eastern end of Byangee Walls by ascending the ridge after you cross the Clyde River which skirts around the private property at Bhundoo. We go to the second cliff line but after that we ran into some dead ends. Obviously someone had been here before as we found evidence of an old cairn. Has anyone ever tried to access PP from the bottom and walk across the top of Byangee Walls and exit via Castle Gap? Any info appreciated.
gburghardt
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: personal
Region: Australian Capital Territory

Postby Phil S » Wed 25 May, 2011 8:24 pm

I'm no help to you G. I do thank you for resurrecting this great thread though. What stopped you from continuing?

I also wonder if there is a route west from Castle Gap onto the the middle tier of The Castle... I've been up Kalianna Ridge a couple of times and recall large expanses of loose conglomerate cliffs - is it the same on the eastern tip (of the lower cliffline)?
Phil S
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: New South Wales

Previous

Return to Gallery