To attach a photo:
- Begin a new forum post (or edit an existing post) by, eg, clicking a 'New Topic' or 'Reply' forum button.
- Type in (or edit) the text of your post as usual.
- Click the 'Upload attachment' tab below the text entry box (the tab is in a group of 3 tabs: 'Options', 'Upload attachment', 'Poll creation' - it is below the 'Save', 'Preview', 'Submit' buttons and above the list of checkboxes - see the attached image).
- After clicking this tab, new fields and buttons will appear. Click the 'Browse' button, and use your browser's dialogue window to choose the image wherever it is stored on your computer.
- Click the 'Add the file' button to upload the image from your computer to the forums database.
- Click in the text of your message where you want the image to appear.
- Click the 'Place inline' button near the image link below the text box. The forums software will place a bit of BBCode text into your message text something like, '[attachment=x]apicture.jpg[/attachment]'. When displaying your message on the forums, this text will automatically be replaced with the uploaded image.
Once you've confirmed that the image is being displayed in the forums OK, you can delete it from your own computer, if it is an image that you do not wish to keep there.
Note that image attachments will be automatically resized, if necessary, to a maximum of 800 pixel when displayed in the forums. Clicking on a resized image thumbnail will display it in it's original (uploaded) size. Please do not attach any files larger than 1 MB. You can optionally add a comment/note for each attachment which will always be displayed with the attachment. The file name will also be displayed with the attachment as well as a border.
Note that copyright laws mean that you should have permission from the owner of a picture before using in this way.