South West Epic

Bushwalking pictures.
Forum rules
Please keep the width of embedded images (using [img] [/img] tags) in this forum to no more than 800 pixels wide (this will avoid them being clipped without notice by most users' window sizes). Attached images can be any resolution so long as the file size is no more than 1 MB (attachments will be displayed by the forums as thumbnails no larger than 800 pixels linked to the full-size image).

Please include a description of the pictures' content so that readers know what they're all about.

For topics focussed on narrative rather than the photos, please consider posting in one of the 'Trip Report' forums instead.

South West Epic

Postby Mowser » Mon 21 May, 2007 9:29 pm

The following link is to a heap (over 150) of photos of a walk myself and a couple of mates did a few years ago through the South West. We started at Farmhouse Creek and did a loop of the southwest finishing at Cockle Creek. It rained for the majority of the walk, but it was awesome!

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.j ... nn_speed=1
Mowser
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: Tasmania

Postby Son of a Beach » Tue 22 May, 2007 8:22 am

G'day Mowser, and welcome to the forums! :)

Those pictures tell a great story. How long was the walk? I spent 12 days dong the western and eastern arthurs when it rained for 11 of them, but it looks like that was significantly longer and wetter than that!

I've been up federation twice, but never seen any view due to fog/cloud. People tell me I'm lucky, because it's much easier to climb when you can't see how steep and dangerous it is. :D
Son of a Beach
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Bit Map (NIXANZ)

Postby Mowser » Tue 22 May, 2007 3:41 pm

We were out there for 26 days in total. Even though it rained most days we had one spectacuarly clear day for PB and a gap in the weather for Federation (it snowed the day we did fed!). I've been in to Federation a few other times in absolutely amazing weather (+30 degree days). I'll post a few photos from those trips at some stage. On a clear day you cant help but look down!
Mowser
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Postby tasadam » Wed 19 Sep, 2007 8:45 am

Here's an interesting comparison from 1975 -

http://www.david-noble.net/Tasmania/Feb ... nia75.html

Thanks to Norts for the link (in the web resources page) and to David Noble for going there in the first place...

Now I can say I've seen the shelter at Junction Creek.... (it doesn't exist any more).
tasadam
Magnus administratio
Magnus administratio

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: TasmaniART, Smitten Merino, Macpac

Return to Gallery