Beach walks - Leith and evening at Pardoe 24-25/1/08

Bushwalking pictures.
Forum rules
Please keep the width of embedded images (using [img] [/img] tags) in this forum to no more than 800 pixels wide (this will avoid them being clipped without notice by most users' window sizes). Attached images can be any resolution so long as the file size is no more than 1 MB (attachments will be displayed by the forums as thumbnails no larger than 800 pixels linked to the full-size image).

Please include a description of the pictures' content so that readers know what they're all about.

For topics focussed on narrative rather than the photos, please consider posting in one of the 'Trip Report' forums instead.

Beach walks - Leith and evening at Pardoe 24-25/1/08

Postby tasadam » Tue 17 Jun, 2008 11:03 am

Looking through my photos trying to find something for January and I came across a couple of beach walks I did.
Thought I'd share these.

Leith Beach, 24th January 2008

Pardoe beach, evening light, 25th January 2008

tasadam
Magnus administratio
Magnus administratio

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: TasmaniART, Smitten Merino, Macpac
Region: Tasmania

Re: Beach walks - Leith and evening at Pardoe 24-25/1/08

Postby Chris » Sun 06 Jul, 2008 11:05 pm

[quote="tasadam"]Looking through my photos trying to find something for January and I came across a couple of beach walks I did.
Thought I'd share these.

Thanks for sharing these; a beautiful collection from an obviously memorable walk. The light was superb.

This is a timely reminder in view of your recent post on Tarkine access that the beach North of Arthur River is well worth repeated long walks. My husband and I camped at AR (Manuka campground, though getting too crowded in recent years) every Easter for many years until I retired, and have also visited there several times since at various times of year.
Never tire of walking that beach, whatever the weather; always different and always spectacular. The rock formations just get better the further north you walk.
Lots more good walks from the various access points (mostly very badly signposted) leading off the Marrawah-AR road, and of course the small settlements on the way to Temma.
Our last visit was in May a couple of years ago, when we had frosty mornings and superbly sunny days. Absolute magic!
Sad to hear of more logging in Tarkine and neglect of road and bridge restoration. Didn't approve of the "Road to Nowhere" when it was built, but have to admit to having enjoyed the access it gives to some superb country.
Chris
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Tasmania

Return to Gallery