WOJ campsites.

Trip reports, stories, track notes. Multiple/large photos are OK in this forum.
Forum rules
Posting large/multiple images in this forum is OK. Please start topic titles with the name of the location or track.

For topics focussed on photos rather than the trip, please consider posting in the 'Gallery' forum instead.

This forum is for posting information about trips you have done, not for requesting information about a track or area.

WOJ campsites.

Postby Mechanic-AL » Tue 17 May, 2016 8:18 pm

I'm hoping to get up to the Walls on Friday (20th) for 4 or 5 days. I'm just wondering given the amount of rain the region has received what chance I will have of finding some relatively well drained tent sites, particularlly around the lakes, or can I expect to be pitching in puddles?
A walk to Junction Lake via Dixons Kingdom and return the same way is what I have planned.
Any advice on potential camping conditions would be greatly appreciated.

AL
"What went ye out into the wilderness to see?
A reed shaken in the wind"?
Mechanic-AL
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Western Australia

Re: WOJ campsites.

Postby DaveNoble » Tue 17 May, 2016 11:34 pm

There are plenty of good, normally dry campsites at Junction Lake (5 minutes down the lake from the hut), Lake Meston (at the hut and at the north end of the lake) and at the Walls. These campsites are on the sort of ground that does not soak up too much water and should be dryish in wet conditions.

Dave
DaveNoble
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Re: WOJ campsites.

Postby Mechanic-AL » Wed 18 May, 2016 5:29 pm

Thanks for that Dave.
I love my walking and time spent in the bush but for some reason I'm yet to appreciate the joys of sleeping in an icy puddle on a frigid night. :?
Can't wait to get out there now
!
Cheers
AL.
"What went ye out into the wilderness to see?
A reed shaken in the wind"?
Mechanic-AL
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Western Australia

Return to TAS Trip Reports & Track Notes