Dehydrated fruit snacks - help needed!

Food topics, including recipes.

Dehydrated fruit snacks - help needed!

Postby peterf82 » Sat 01 Apr, 2017 12:25 pm

Hi all,

My friend and I are avid hikers, and recently returned from completing the Three Cape track. While completing the track we came up with an idea to create dehydrated fruit snacks - while there is some out there already, we really wanted to create fruit snacks using Australian fruit and no preservatives/chemicals.

We are in the infancy stage of developing the brand and hope to launch this coming Spring.

Could you help out a couple of fellow hikers and click the link to complete a short survey on dehydrated fruit snacks? Thank you in advance!

Link to survey - https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/cravefoodsau
Attachments
FB_IMG_1490998926189.jpg
peterf82
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Victoria

Re: Dehydrated fruit snacks - help needed!

Postby ribuck » Sat 01 Apr, 2017 5:41 pm

Good luck! You will have to compete with the likes of Health Attack freeze-dried fruit, widely available from supermarkets.

I completed your survey. In the question about favourite fruits, you omit plenty of Australian-grown fruits that I would enjoy: feijoa, papaya, kiwifruit, melon...
ribuck
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: Other Country

Postby peterf82 » Sat 01 Apr, 2017 5:47 pm

Hi Ribuck

Thank you for completing the survey! Yea it's a bit of an uphill battle and this survey will assist us as we develop further.

Love the additional fruit you list - some great choices there!
peterf82
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Victoria

Postby walk2wineries » Sun 09 Apr, 2017 12:53 am

agree, some fruit that I eat fresh (bananas) I don't like in snacks. One of the questions )?6) had a glitch - I chose "other" by filling in the box, but there wasn't an "other" radio box and it wanted me to choose local store/campingstore/online - and I rarely use any of those. Dried mango is a great snack. I am not into the peculiar mixes and floor sweepings sold or made as "scrogggin" - I treat myself to nice dried fruit, or dried fruit snacks, little packets of Almonds and crystalised ginger, or Macadamias and dried cherries. Which reminds me....the shop at the Arid Lands Botanical Gardens had muntries as a dehydrated fruit strip, and I have had dried and glace quandong. And one or two of the either/or.... I walk weekly with a club, but travel alone and hike alone then so its 50:50.... or maye 40:50 because we forgot paid supported walks.
walk2wineries
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: South Australia

Return to Bush Tucker