Mt Worth Waterfall Bower Track

Victoria specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
Victoria specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Mt Worth Waterfall Bower Track

Postby dougal73 » Tue 22 Aug, 2017 3:27 pm

Hi all

I have a hike planned for Mt Worth this Saturday. A look at the Parks Vic map indicates the Waterfall Bower Track is open again. Well, my memory is that it was closed for a long time (but I may be wrong on this).

Just want to check, anyone done this recently? If so, how was it?
dougal73
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Victoria

Re: Mt Worth Waterfall Bower Track

Postby MickyB » Tue 22 Aug, 2017 5:01 pm

dougal73 wrote:Well, my memory is that it was closed for a long time (but I may be wrong on this).

How long ago?
I was there about 18 months ago and the track was open and easy to follow. There are two small falls along that track and another on Moonlight Creek Track. There are a number of nice falls along Allambee State Rd.
Sometimes, I use big words I don't always fully understand in an effort to make myself sound more photosynthesis.
MickyB
Auctorita modica
Auctorita modica

Postby dougal73 » Tue 22 Aug, 2017 5:15 pm

It's a couple of years or so... But I may be wrong on that memory of it been closed....I have a vague recollection it got overgrown and needed clearing. But I may very well be confusing it with another hike from elsewhere...

Anyhow, it looks a good option so I'll take that route instead. Thanks :)
dougal73
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Postby MickyB » Tue 22 Aug, 2017 5:28 pm

I was also there about 5 years ago and it was very over grown in sections and hard to follow. Not sure if it was officially closed though. It was a lot clearer 18 months ago.
Sometimes, I use big words I don't always fully understand in an effort to make myself sound more photosynthesis.
MickyB
Auctorita modica
Auctorita modica

Postby dougal73 » Mon 28 Aug, 2017 1:08 pm

Did this on Saturday. The Waterfall Bower track is not signposted at the entrance, but is not difficult to follow. It looks to be rerouted from where it was when the 'Daywalks Around Melbourne' by Tempest was written though. Paired this with the Monnlight Creek. Certainly a very beautiful and very muddy circuit. Surprisingly few leeches though.
dougal73
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Return to Victoria