Mt Victoria

Tasmania specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
Tasmania specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Mt Victoria

Postby TheNW » Thu 29 Nov, 2018 9:17 am

Was just wondering if anyone on here might help me pin down which point the actual abel is on mt victoria?

The books descriptions wording was hard to actually figure out which was which and wed been told that the trig station and radio tower wasnt it and that the abel had a plaque.

Went up yesterday and went to the trig , radio tower and the next few along after that as well,could spot no sign of a track after the trig section aside from almost randomly placed cairns in the middle of scrub lol

I'm assuming I'm missing something as most sources say that it's a relativly fast and easy one to get to.

Anyway, any info will be appreciated , want to make sure we actually got it lol
TheNW
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Tasmania

Re: Mt Victoria

Postby doogs » Thu 29 Nov, 2018 10:02 am

Attachments
Screenshot 2018-11-29 10.55.59.png
Do you want to build a snowman?
doogs
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Re: Mt Victoria

Postby TheNW » Fri 30 Nov, 2018 5:10 pm

Thanks, That track definatly looks like it goes to the trig point, cant zoom in on my phone with enough detail to see if thats higher than the radio tower peak. Might have to make a return trip on a day with a bit more time and better visability, it wont be a hardship that's for sure with that gorgeous forest to walk thru at the start.
TheNW
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Return to Tasmania