Camping mt buller

Victoria specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
Victoria specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Camping mt buller

Postby jadasa » Tue 15 Jan, 2019 11:10 am

Hi, I'm looking to camp at mirimbah soon. I know of carter's mill but is it possible to camp at mirimbah itself or is that day use only?
jadasa
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: Tasmania

Re: Camping mt buller

Postby neilmny » Tue 15 Jan, 2019 11:46 am

I've seen plenty camping there but there are no camping signs all over the place.
neilmny
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Victoria

Postby jadasa » Tue 15 Jan, 2019 8:32 pm

Thanks. Think we'll play it safe
jadasa
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: Tasmania

Postby Travis22 » Tue 15 Jan, 2019 9:52 pm

There is an official campground in Mirimbah.

After you pass the Mirimbah store (closed this summer) and the Winter Ticket booths the designated campground (free) is on the right. Its a pretty huge area that runs in a fair way with a creek running down one side. There are some bins in there, but no toliets. Toilets are on the other side of the road after you pass the ticket booths (left side) in the day use area along with a playground and some picnic tables and bbqs.

Yes, people often camp within the day use area too, but honestly the official area is just fine.

The official camp area is mostly used by small groups of mountain bike riders. Its always quiet in there, never heard music or a loud group, most noise ive ever heard in there are the odd sambar deer honking away during the night.

Travis.
Travis22
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: Victoria

Return to Victoria