Missing lock button

Once an item is sold, found or thread is no longer needed we move it here. These maybe helpful for historic reasons.

Missing lock button

Postby Lophophaps » Thu 11 Jul, 2019 8:13 pm

When items are sold they should be locked thusly
Scroll down to the bottom of the page
Right hand side bottom there is a tiny radio button, click on it and you get a pop-up YES/No button Click YES and the topic should lock

There has been a report of the lock button not being present.

"Yes, in the past I have done this with listings, but it seems more recently when I do a listing, the edit function disappears from the original post, then will only sometimes appear in subsequent posts. This used to only be a problem if using my phone, with the edit function only being on desktop version ... now nothing. I am technologically inept, but there is no longer the options appearing that used to be there. Weird."

Has anyone experienced the above?

The title can have SOLD by editing the first post.

Thanks for Mrs Mudd for drawing attention to the matter and Moondog for his advice, both quoted avobe.
Lophophaps
Auctorita modica
Auctorita modica

Region: Victoria

Re: Missing lock button

Postby stry » Thu 11 Jul, 2019 8:26 pm

Edit function isn't available to me for my listings and hasn't been for a long time. IIRC, in the past "Edit" was available for few days after listing but then - gone.

I have never had problems applying a lock and did that with a listing a couple of minutes ago.

The inability to edit listings is PITA.
stry
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby Nuts » Fri 12 Jul, 2019 12:20 pm

Lock working, edit not, edit should.
Nuts
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Tasmania

Market place

Postby Ms_Mudd » Fri 12 Jul, 2019 8:55 pm

Having weird glitch with Marketplace. Sometimes, the edit function would come and go on my original post when using my laptop. It also never appeared on mobile app at all. I would lock a topic and follow protocol when the option was available, but the 'edit' and lock function seem only available to me now immediately after I post, then are permanently gone. I feel bad as I can't keep my marketplace posts neat as a result.
Sorry, just can't work the problem out.
Ms_Mudd
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: New South Wales

Re: Market place

Postby johnw » Fri 12 Jul, 2019 9:41 pm

Others also - Issue being looked at?
http://bushwalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=30032
John W

In Nature's keeping they are safe, but through the agency of man destruction is making rapid progress - John Muir c1912
johnw
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby Ms_Mudd » Wed 17 Jul, 2019 5:46 pm

stry wrote:Edit function isn't available to me for my listings and hasn't been for a long time. IIRC, in the past "Edit" was available for few days after listing but then - gone.

I have never had problems applying a lock and did that with a listing a couple of minutes ago.

The inability to edit listings is PITA.

Yes this is exactly my experience with the edit function. Unfortunately for me, the lock option also disappears at the same time as the edit function.
Ms_Mudd
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby Lophophaps » Wed 17 Jul, 2019 7:00 pm

Either here or in a private message, please advise me of your OS and browser. Some faults may depend on these aspects.
Lophophaps
Auctorita modica
Auctorita modica

Postby Mark F » Sat 10 Aug, 2019 5:44 pm

Could I comment that the issues being reported are often due to not being signed in. If you don't sign in you can read the thread but not edit or lock the topic. Quite easily to do inadvertently.
"Perfection is attained not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to remove".
Mark F
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Australian Capital Territory

Return to Sold Claimed Closed and Expired