Getting to Strathgordon/Gordon Dam

Find people to walk or share transport with. Topics deleted after 365 idle days.
Forum rules
1 This website is not a bushwalking club.
2 Users take responsibility for all actions arising from meetings made via this website.
3 Be totally self-sufficient – your own tent, stove, gear, etc.
4 Walkers under the age of 18 and/or those walking with them should raise the trip with the under 18's parents or legal guardians.
5 Please lock your thread when it is no longer needed. Moderators may lock threads without notice.
More details on these guidelines

There is a separate forum specifically for finding the Overland Track companions and transport.

Getting to Strathgordon/Gordon Dam

Postby farefam » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 5:17 pm

Hi there,
I want to get to Gordon Dam for the start of a packrafting trip in late Dec or more likely early January. Does anyone know of any good options to get there (I don't particularly like hitchhiking)? Car hire is not an option as it's a 2 week one way trip.
farefam
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Re: Getting to Strathgordon/Gordon Dam

Postby north-north-west » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 5:42 pm

You could cover my fuel and caffeine costs for the day in return for a ride. If I'm in a good mood at the time.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
north-north-west
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Social Misfits Anonymous
Region: Tasmania

Re: Getting to Strathgordon/Gordon Dam

Postby farefam » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 9:41 pm

Hi NNW,

As a commercial charter is $300 from Hobart, I can certainly cover your fuel and caffeine and even lunch and still be ahead. It would also be a great chance to compare notes on our Tassie adventures.

I am able to be flexible with dates but I am currently thinking of Friday Dec 28 or Friday Jan 4, leaving from Hobart CBD. Would that time frame be suitable to you? I'm having some trouble trying to send you a PM.

This would be a huge help in knocking another big adventure off of my new bucket list, if you are able.
farefam
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Return to Find Walking Companions or Arrange Transport