From Bushwalk Australia
Summary of Conservation Status Icons
Conservation status by risk of extinction
- = Extinct: Extinct (EX), there is no reasonable doubt that the last individual has died.
- = Extinct in the Wild: Extinct in the Wild (EW), known only to survive in cultivation, in captivity or as a naturalized population (or populations) well outside the past range.
- = Critically Endangered: Critically Endangered (CR), facing an extremely high risk of extinction in the wild.
- = Endangered: Endangered (EN), considered to be facing a very high risk of extinction in the wild.
- = Vulnerable: Vulnerable (VU), considered to be facing a high risk of extinction in the wild.
At lower risk
- = Near Threatened: Near Threatened (NT or LR/nt), is close to qualifying for or is likely to qualify for a threatened category in the near future.
- = Least Concern: Least Concern (LC or LR/lc), lowest risk. Does not qualify for a more at risk category. Widespread and abundant taxa are included in this category.
- For more information on Conservation Status visit the Wiikipedia page for IUCN Red List
- DPIPWE Threatened Species Status - What These Terms Mean
- Tasmanian threatened species list
- Australian Commonwealth EPBC Act List of Threatened Flora