Multiple items in one Marketplace post

Discussion about this site, including these forums (eg, suggestions, comments, queries). Topics may be manually deleted occasionally (eg, after suggestions dealt with, or changes bedded in).

Multiple items in one Marketplace post

Postby coimon » Thu 04 Jun, 2020 8:07 pm

Mods, I note the instructions in the Marketplace that you can only have one item per post, but I have many small items I would like to list.

Is it really preferred that I post 30 times, or can I combine small items like multiple stuff sacks, or a collection of random little things into one post by exception?

Thanks
coimon
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: Queensland

Re: Multiple items in one Marketplace post

Postby crollsurf » Thu 04 Jun, 2020 8:22 pm

I've been pinged for that. Go for it and see what happens :)

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
crollsurf
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: New South Wales

Postby Lophophaps » Fri 05 Jun, 2020 6:40 pm

The reason for one item one post is that it becomes quite hard to keep track of what is and is not sold. It also confuses potential buyers who look for a headline "FS 1 person tent", "WTB trekking poles". One strategy is to post, say, 5-7 articles. separately, and then a few days later post a few more. Another one is to wait until a few articles are sold, then post more. PM me if you want to discuss this more.

Lophophaps
Auctorita modica
Auctorita modica

Region: Victoria

Postby Nuts » Sat 20 Jun, 2020 1:52 pm

I thought 5 was too few :lol: Sorry, it's not making a lot of sense. As it was, I've always tried to time a FS post to not impede too much on private sellers selling similar gear or sending their post too far into history.. a situation which can only be made worse. Surely there's less work here now than back in the forthright days?
Nuts
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Tasmania

Postby Lophophaps » Mon 22 Jun, 2020 9:42 am

Having one post for multiple items is good in that it keeps the Market square forum area more concise. However, this is at the expense of making it harder to see what the post is about (cannot put a dozen items in a subject line) and see what is and is not sold. Mods discussed this and decided that one item one topic is best, and that people with a lot of items should post a few at a time, say five separate posts for five items a week. These can be posted at the same time or over the week.

Lophophaps
Auctorita modica
Auctorita modica

Region: Victoria

Postby Nuts » Tue 23 Jun, 2020 5:31 pm

All good. Thanks. Most of mine have been multiple options of similar items (but that still all need separate descriptions) so perhaps uncommon. I don't use it a lot these days so..
Nuts
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Tasmania

Return to Forum & Site