[FS Vic Rural] Climbing Harness - Unused - Wild Country

Once an item is sold, found or thread is no longer needed we move it here. These maybe helpful for historic reasons.

[FS Vic Rural] Climbing Harness - Unused - Wild Country

Postby stry » Thu 17 Jun, 2021 8:21 am

Wild Country Top Gun climbing harness. Never used and completely as new. Original paperwork included.

$75 including postage.
Attachments
DSCF0551.JPG
DSCF0554.JPG
stry
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: Victoria

Re: [FS Vic Rural] Climbing Harness - Unused - Wild Country

Postby FatCanyoner » Fri 18 Jun, 2021 6:40 pm

That harness looks quite old. Synthetic fibres deteriorate over time, particularly if exposed to any UV. Wild Country, like most manufacturers, recommends textile products like harnesses be retired after 10 years, even if unused. I'd hazard a guess that this harness is well beyond that and should not be used for climbing.
FatCanyoner
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: www.FatCanyoners.org www.CanyonGear.com.au
Region: New South Wales

Re: [FS Vic Rural] Climbing Harness - Unused - Wild Country

Postby stry » Sat 19 Jun, 2021 9:02 am

It's certainly chronologically old. I'd forgotten that I even had it.

It's been in the proverbial cool dark place, seen no UV since it left the shop and has never been used, so never had a load on it. Any illusion of fading in the pics is due only to the light when I took the pics.

Not sure about age related deterioration. It has never been an issue for me with synthetic tents, sleeping bag shells, seat belts, snatch straps and whatever.

I don't want to put anyone at risk, and I hate waste, but if anyone can substantiate the risk of age based deterioration, I'll happily bin it.

Oops - hadn't noticed FCs referrral to WCs recommendation. I'll bin it and lock the listing.
stry
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: Victoria

Return to Sold Claimed Closed and Expired