Free NW Sydney - WE Tectite 2 Tent

Once an item is sold, found or thread is no longer needed we move it here. These maybe helpful for historic reasons.

Free NW Sydney - WE Tectite 2 Tent

Postby wombat4787 » Mon 13 Jun, 2022 12:21 pm

This is a "single skin hybrid" tent. There is a "liner" which can be removed to save weight (~600-800g). The liner is supposed to stop drips from the main tent body.
Two person, but it's massive
2900 mm long
1950 mm wide in the middle
1300 mm wide at each end
1200 mm height

Single entry

Single pole, super easy to erect.
Comes with 6 pegs, pole and zip spares.

Weight: ~2.4 kg

Salient points;

The tent is in GOOD condition, the seam seal tape is a tad ratty along the tub floor, but still intact. the floor is starting to look worn, but it appears cosmetic only (I could not get a good photo). The floor is waterproof at the last (weeks ago) usage in heavy rain.

Why am I giving it away? It's a great tent until it rains, the design allows water to spit into the main tent with heavy rain. It bounces up and into the tent. I seamed sealed the tent when new, but during my most recent outing, the water was dripping through the stitching again, so it may be due another application. This is the reason for the white residue along the stitching (see image). I think I got a bit excited and used too much sealant originally. I added talc powder to counter the stickiness. It's never been an issue, but it's also never quite washed off.

So overall a good tent, but not if it's raining. It is starting to show it's age, but it's still in very good to good condition.
You pay for delivery, or pickup form NW Syd (near Cherrybrook).
Attachments
Tent_01.JPG
Tent_02.JPG
Tent_03.JPG
Tent_04.JPG
Tent_05.JPG
Tent_06.JPG
Tent_07.JPG
Tent_08.JPG
Tent_09.JPG
Tent_10.JPG
wombat4787