FS (HOB, TAS) Big Sky Chinook 1 tent 4 Season, with two inne

Once an item is sold, found or thread is no longer needed we move it here. These maybe helpful for historic reasons.

FS (HOB, TAS) Big Sky Chinook 1 tent 4 Season, with two inne

Postby Niftynomad » Mon 16 Jan, 2023 10:18 pm

Hi All

It's gear clear out time.

Although it pains me to part with it, I'm doing less solo and more partner trips.

I have a Big Sky Chinook 1, with both the mesh summer inner, and the solid nylon winter. Simple clips to change them over.

The winter inner has 2 high windows and some extra cord inside for hanging stuff. Lots of additional loops in there still. Big mesh pockets, and plenty of room at the torso end for overhead stretching. Legroom gets skinny, but you can still side stretch out comfortably on storm days. I can sit up comfortably to change/cook and I am 185cm and 88kg

For those unfamiliar with the Chinook, its a very solidly built tent that pitches fly first/together. Stays dry inside when pitching in the rain. It has 2 vestibules of good size, so you can cook on one side and have your boots/gaiters/pack/wet gear on the other.
With the 3 poles and winter inner it will cruise through Patagonian/Tassie conditions, and with only 2 poles and summer inner you can stargaze at Freycinet in the heat. I would happily go and have been above treeline in winter conditions with this- it's solid.
Weighs about 1.55kg with decent pegs and guy lines. Significantly lighter without the optional 3rd pole.

I always used a Tyvek groundsheet, and the conditon is 8/10 for the fly and winter inner.
A few insect stains, and a mod or two. No tears/rips/seam blows that I can recall.
The summer inner is 10/10- a fairly recent acquisition.
The storage bag is fraying, and I cut off the silly compression straps. An upgraded WE pole bag is included, and a mix of MSR Groundhog pegs and DAC v pegs.

I'm thinking $510, as I spent quite a lot on this one... make an offer?

Can post.

Thanks!
Niftynomad
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Tasmania

Re: FS (HOB, TAS) Big Sky Chinook 1 tent 4 Season, with two

Postby Niftynomad » Tue 21 Feb, 2023 1:03 pm

Bumptey Dumptey.

Any offers/questions?
Niftynomad
Athrotaxis cupressoides