[FS - Melbourne] lightly used Nemo Hornet Elite Osmo 2P tent

Buy, sell, trade, loan, borrow, hire, etc, plus lost & found. Private transactions only.
Forum rules
1 Only members can post.
2 The For sale or wanted heading format is type, location, description, e.g.:
[FS Perth] Scarpa boots size 46
[FS Hobart] TerraNova Southern Cross 1 tent
[Wanted Brisbane] Black Diamond Trailback Trek sticks

3 The Lost and found heading format is [FOUND] Larapinta camera; [Lost] Mount Bogong, pair of mitts.
4 Only one item per topic, so one topic for a tent, another for a stove.
5 Include a link to other websites like eBay or Gumtree as appropriate.
6 This area is private sales only. Commercial posts here.
7 When your topic is resolved or no longer needed, lock your topic using the popup menu and button at the bottom right of the topic page.
8 For Sale and Wanted topics expire after three months if there are no replies from the OP.
9 Lost and Found topics expire after six months if there are no replies.
10 Locked and expired topics will be moved to the "Sold, Claimed and closed" sub forum by the moderation team. Contact a moderator if you wish to have a topic restored.

New members with no posts on the forum cannot send Private Messages. (This is to prevent PM spam.) New members will have to post in the forum to send a private message.

[FS - Melbourne] lightly used Nemo Hornet Elite Osmo 2P tent

Postby proudhiker » Mon 04 Sep, 2023 6:22 am

20230715_164637.jpg

One of the lightest double wall 2p tents money can buy! I've only used it for 3 nights in the last month, always with a Tyvek groundsheet (I'm keeping that) and in fine weather - file under 'ultralight gear that isn't for me (because honestly, I'm kind of fussy and it turns out I want gear that feels burly.)'

$750.

20230715_165701.jpg

Plenty of room for one person (feels like it would be pretty tight for two) and full of thoughtful features like a side pocket, a head lamp pocket, a tent bag which folds into a dry bag, pegs with pull loops, etc!

All in (pegs, pole, repair kits etc inc various bags) it weighs about 960g on my scales. No flaws I can see - some pulls on the mesh (doesn't affect use at all and can barely be seen) - were present since it came out of the bag.

Cash on pick up (Melbourne CBD) or +$30 for postage.

RRP $999 at Paddy Pallin, I paid $900.

20230715_165249.jpg

Features:
High-performance, proprietary OSMO poly-nylon ripstop fabric has 4x longer water repellency and 3x less stretch when wet
OSMO fabric is made from 100% recycled yarns that are PFC- and PFAS-free and meet flame retardancy standards without the use of added chemicals
Generous doors and vestibules for each person with Gatekeeper door tie-backs provide more coverage and ease of entry
New Divvy Cube rectangular stuff sack allows you to still split the weight with your partner, but packs more efficiently in your backpack
Patent-pending Flybar volumising pole clip adds more room at the head and distributes fly tension evenly
Triangulated volumising guy-outs at corners increase volume at the foot, protecting sleeping bags from tent wall condensation
Nightlight Pockets turn your headlamp into a tent lantern while removing blue light and casting an even glow
DAC Featherlite poles boast minimal weight and connect with a single hub for lightning-quick setup
100% recycled Repreve® pole bag replaces disposable packaging as part of Nemo's 100K Polybag Elimination Project
Protected by the NEMO Lifetime Warranty

https://www.paddypallin.com.au/nemo-hor ... -tent.html
proudhiker
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Victoria

Re: [FS - Melbourne] lightly used Nemo Hornet Elite Osmo 2P

Postby proudhiker » Mon 08 Jan, 2024 5:57 pm

Still available! Price dropped to $650. Cash on pick up in Melbourne preferred, otherwise we can discuss Paypal and postage.
proudhiker
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Re: [FS - Melbourne] lightly used Nemo Hornet Elite Osmo 2P

Postby Dexter » Mon 08 Jan, 2024 6:09 pm

I'd have been all over this if I hadn't just bought a Mont Moondance not long back. Sent it to my hiking buddies in case one of them are keen.
Dexter
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Return to Market Square & Lost Property