[WTB NSW] UL 2p tent

Buy, sell, trade, loan, borrow, hire, etc, plus lost & found. Private transactions only.
Forum rules
1 Only members can post.
2 The For sale or wanted heading format is type, location, description, e.g.:
[FS Perth] Scarpa boots size 46
[FS Hobart] TerraNova Southern Cross 1 tent
[Wanted Brisbane] Black Diamond Trailback Trek sticks

3 The Lost and found heading format is [FOUND] Larapinta camera; [Lost] Mount Bogong, pair of mitts.
4 Only one item per topic, so one topic for a tent, another for a stove.
5 Include a link to other websites like eBay or Gumtree as appropriate.
6 This area is private sales only. Commercial posts here.
7 When your topic is resolved or no longer needed, lock your topic using the popup menu and button at the bottom right of the topic page.
8 For Sale and Wanted topics expire after three months if there are no replies from the OP.
9 Lost and Found topics expire after six months if there are no replies.
10 Locked and expired topics will be moved to the "Sold, Claimed and closed" sub forum by the moderation team. Contact a moderator if you wish to have a topic restored.

New members with no posts on the forum cannot send Private Messages. (This is to prevent PM spam.) New members will have to post in the forum to send a private message.

[WTB NSW] UL 2p tent

Postby ktownsend » Sun 07 Jan, 2024 10:24 am

Hi all, I'm after a tent - Mont Dragonfly or Moondance, Macpac Minaret or Olympus, or similar. I'm on a budget so looking for something second-hand. 3-4 season preferred, it's going to be used for 6 months in the remote Kimberly region next winter. Happy to get something posted. Also advice on other good tent models welcomed!
Thanks, Kate
ktownsend
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: New South Wales

Re: [WTB NSW] UL 2p tent

Postby Warin » Sun 07 Jan, 2024 5:27 pm

Kimberly ... no '4 season'. '4 season' means snow ... does not happen in the Kimberly ... yet.

Most people start out with 2 Kimberly seasons - the 'wet' and the 'dry' ... For mid year Kimberly probably a 2 season tent would do...
Warin
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby ktownsend » Sun 07 Jan, 2024 5:30 pm

I would prefer a 4-season so that I can use it for future trips in Tasmania and New Zealand! :)
ktownsend
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Postby pfeutry » Sun 07 Jan, 2024 8:54 pm

TBH you might be better off buying a cheap tent for that trip and then invest in a good 4 season, UV and heat will do some damage over 6 months I reckon, also I don't know all of these tents, but airflow is rarely the forte of 4 season tents and there is a chance they'd be an oven during the day. I'd go cheap mossie dome + cheap tarp over it for shade and the very rare rain, but a warm quilt or bag since temp can go down low. Obviously depend a bit on exact location, but no way I'd take an expensive 4 season tent for 6 months in the Kimberleys. Good luck
pfeutry
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Tasmania

Postby ktownsend » Sun 07 Jan, 2024 8:59 pm

Thank you, very good point to consider the UV damage. I just got a Western Mountineering Apache sleeping bag so that should definitely keep me warm enough, and yeah not expecting rain to be a big issue.
ktownsend
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Return to Market Square & Lost Property