[FS VIC Castlemaine] Western Mountaineering Puma GWS 6’6”

Buy, sell, trade, loan, borrow, hire, etc, plus lost & found. Private transactions only.
Forum rules
1 Only members can post.
2 The For sale or wanted heading format is type, location, description, e.g.:
[FS Perth] Scarpa boots size 46
[FS Hobart] TerraNova Southern Cross 1 tent
[Wanted Brisbane] Black Diamond Trailback Trek sticks

3 The Lost and found heading format is [FOUND] Larapinta camera; [Lost] Mount Bogong, pair of mitts.
4 Only one item per topic, so one topic for a tent, another for a stove.
5 Include a link to other websites like eBay or Gumtree as appropriate.
6 This area is private sales only. Commercial posts here.
7 When your topic is resolved or no longer needed, lock your topic using the popup menu and button at the bottom right of the topic page.
8 For Sale and Wanted topics expire after three months if there are no replies from the OP.
9 Lost and Found topics expire after six months if there are no replies.
10 Locked and expired topics will be moved to the "Sold, Claimed and closed" sub forum by the moderation team. Contact a moderator if you wish to have a topic restored.

New members with no posts on the forum cannot send Private Messages. (This is to prevent PM spam.) New members will have to post in the forum to send a private message.

[FS VIC Castlemaine] Western Mountaineering Puma GWS 6’6”

Postby juz » Mon 19 Feb, 2024 12:57 pm

Not sure if this will appeal to anyone. Only likely to catch your eye if you are heading high overseas I think. The bag has a Gore Dry Loft shell, is rated to -32C and has 24cm of loft! 1135g of 850+ goose down, giving a total weight of 1785g.
I am thinking about selling my Western Mountaineering Puma Gore Dry Loft sleeping bag. It is the large version (6’6”).
It is an amazing bag that has only been used on one long trip - a couple of months use in the Karakoram and Himalaya in 2007.
The bag was purchased just prior to this trip in mid 2007. So is almost 14 years old I guess.
I have been dreaming of return, so have hung onto the bag, but it is likely to be while yet with a young family and other parts of life keeping me busy.
It is in very good condition, it is lofting very well, and has been stored hanging in a bedroom wardrobe.
I recently had it washed by Remote Repairs, and during the washing process there was a tiny bit of fabric delamination in the hood area. This doesn’t affect the down proofness or warmth of the bag. Looks a little odd, and feels a little odd. Apparently this happens when washing the bags from time to time (according to remote). Image 3375 and 3376 show the problem area.
It is super warm. Bivied in the open air at nearly 6000m, with -30C outside, and was happy as could be.
Any questions please ask, or if you want more photos let me know.
In terms of price, I am not sure what’s fair. But maybe asking $1000 + postage at the minute.
The following used to be true, not sure if it still is. It is hard to get WM bags in Australia without going through Paddy Palin. Paddy’s don’t stock this bag I don’t think. The list price in the states appears to be USD $1240, making for over AUD $1900. So I think $1000 represents reasonable value.
Thanks for looking,
Justin.
To some people winter mountaineering is just a pastime. Be it searching for an uncut bowl to tele, a frozen waterfall to climb or a simple visit to the Brooks Range, the Puma Gore Infinium™ has been there, done that! This sizable bag is lofted with down and roomy to boot! 37 ounces of 850+ fill power down lofts this bag to a full 9″ for a rating of minus 25 below! A shoulder girth of 64″ provides room to layer, store clothing or fit to big folk. The inside foot section is sewn with a 2.4 oz. fabric to protect the bag while stowing gear. And the Reverse Differential Hood is roomy, down filled and warm, and totally made with Gore Infinium™. The full down filled collar and both Interlocking Draft Tubes are also completely made with Gore Infinium™ fabric. No place to cut costs! Few continents require anything warmer than our Puma Gore Infinium™!

IMG_3369.jpeg
IMG_3369.jpeg (112.05 KiB) Viewed 870 times

IMG_3370.jpeg
IMG_3370.jpeg (112.11 KiB) Viewed 870 times

IMG_3371.jpeg
IMG_3371.jpeg (118.76 KiB) Viewed 870 times

IMG_3372.jpeg
IMG_3372.jpeg (97.86 KiB) Viewed 870 times

IMG_3373.jpeg
IMG_3373.jpeg (90.12 KiB) Viewed 870 times

IMG_3374.jpeg
IMG_3374.jpeg (107.76 KiB) Viewed 870 times

Delamination of small area on the inside and outside of the hood shown:
IMG_3375.jpeg
IMG_3375.jpeg (78.33 KiB) Viewed 870 times

IMG_3376.jpeg
IMG_3376.jpeg (84.51 KiB) Viewed 870 times

IMG_3378.jpeg
IMG_3378.jpeg (109.13 KiB) Viewed 870 times

IMG_3379.jpeg
IMG_3379.jpeg (120.43 KiB) Viewed 870 times
juz
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: Victoria

Re: [FS VIC Castlemaine] Western Mountaineering Puma GWS 6’6

Postby Letstryagain » Mon 19 Feb, 2024 4:33 pm

I had a macpac bag rated to minus 27 (extreme) that delaminated like that. Can confirm after 10 years it's had no impact whatsoever on its use.

A bag like this you might be better advertising in proper mountaineering sites rather than weekender bushwalks like here in Australia.
Letstryagain
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Tasmania

Postby juz » Mon 19 Feb, 2024 6:54 pm

Hi Letstryagain,
Agreed this is not the best place, and it certainly isn’t a bag for Australian bushwalking. Just happen to be a member here, not elsewhere, so I thought I should try here first. Now Chockstone is down to a post a month, I wouldn’t even know where to go to sell it.
Thanks for your input, it is appreciated,
Justin.
juz
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Postby pfeutry » Tue 20 Feb, 2024 11:28 am

If you are on facebook you could try Gearfreak Australia
pfeutry
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Tasmania

Postby juz » Wed 21 Feb, 2024 5:05 am

Thanks, never been on the facebook yet, but might see if my partner wants to help out. Thanks for the tip.
juz
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Return to Market Square & Lost Property