Desktop version
Buy, sell, trade, loan, borrow, hire, etc, plus lost & found. Private transactions only.

Forum rules

1 Only members can post.
2 The For sale or wanted heading format is type, location, description, e.g.:
[FS Perth] Scarpa boots size 46
[FS Hobart] TerraNova Southern Cross 1 tent
[Wanted Brisbane] Black Diamond Trailback Trek sticks

3 The Lost and found heading format is [FOUND] Larapinta camera; [Lost] Mount Bogong, pair of mitts.
4 Only one item per topic, so one topic for a tent, another for a stove.
5 Include a link to other websites like eBay or Gumtree as appropriate.
6 This area is private sales only. Commercial posts here.
7 When your topic is resolved or no longer needed, lock your topic using the popup menu and button at the bottom right of the topic page.
8 For Sale and Wanted topics expire after three months if there are no replies from the OP.
9 Lost and Found topics expire after six months if there are no replies.
10 Locked and expired topics will be moved to the "Sold, Claimed and closed" sub forum by the moderation team. Contact a moderator if you wish to have a topic restored.

New members with no posts on the forum cannot send Private Messages. (This is to prevent PM spam.) New members will have to post in the forum to send a private message.
Post a reply

Re: Pay It Forward??

Sat 30 Nov, 2013 10:51 am

Anyone need some metho? I have a five litre bottle with about half a litre gone. I don't use the stuff any more, and can't take it to Tassie.
Anyone who wants it can pick it up from me at work in Keysborough (Vic) within the next two weeks, otherwise it'll probably get dumped.

Sat 30 Nov, 2013 11:01 am

Can you take it to Sim1oz??
Or Contact her to arrange pick-up. We can use it for the winter base camp

Sat 30 Nov, 2013 7:01 pm

I don't have time to take it anywhere, but if you want it, get her to PM me and I'll give an address.

PIF a couple of bits and pieces

Sun 13 Apr, 2014 1:00 pm

Hi guys,

Anybody want one sealskin waterproof breathable sock (US 11), a modified x frame with a leak, a mini compass and a topographic map of Songsvann (north of Oslo, Norway)?

If not, I might chuck it all in 7 days time.

20140413_125136.jpg
PIF

Cheers,

Jeremy.

Thu 24 Apr, 2014 2:07 pm

All items PIF'd :)

Sun 08 Jun, 2014 2:06 pm

I may be buying a new top for this winter
On the house rule of one in one out I will have a couple of older style P'Tec 100 tops available soon
Mountain Designs shawl collar top with added patch pocket on LH side
Snowgum Bushshirt also with added pocket
Both XL
A bit ragged but with years of life left in them and despite the spark and mouse holes in the bush shirt perfectly functional.
Attachments
IMG_0388.JPG
Snowgum Bushshirt
IMG_0389.JPG
Mountain Designs Shawl collar top

Sun 13 Jul, 2014 7:26 pm

I've got a destroyed Big Agnes Air core insulated mat up for grabs, I have cut off the valve for a warranty claim as the mat had developed a large number of leaks. The upside is that it has a bunch of primaloft inside that may be repurposable for MYOG if you have the inclination, or you could have a go at reattaching the valve and fixing the holes, which is probably more trouble than it's worth.

Pickup from melb or $13 postage (I can get postage down to $8 if I lop off some weight)

Sat 06 Sep, 2014 5:55 pm

I've got some Black Diamond Ski Gloves if anyone wants them.

Pretty much brand new conditon. Catch is, it's only the leather exterior.

But if you have your own liners to put in the, they'd be awesome.

You cover post, they're yours :)

Sat 06 Sep, 2014 6:17 pm

Im not sure of the rules for pay it forward but I have an old Jackaroo Pack that I am happy to give away if the recipient covers postage.

I was given this by a friend when i started hiking and when I went to give it back to him (once I had my own packs) he didn't want it back and said to use it as a spare so I would like to see it go to another person who is starting out and for that person to also eventually pass it on once they have upgraded etc. Obviously I can't control this but I am happy to trust the integrity of the bushwalk.com community ;)

As I said it is branded Jackaroo, it is canvas so its very robust, it only weighs 2.3kg's which isn't bad for a pack of this construction. Id take a guess and suggest it is Aussie made using Aussie canvas but I could be wrong. I don't know its volume but it is similar in volume to my Osprey 65ltr pack.

Sorry for the lack of photos but here it is as best as I can display.

I will probably regret giving this away one day but I can't bring it myself to sell it when my friend was so generous to give it to me in the first place. Also, it is in very good condition. All but as new condition id suggest and very comfortable.

PM me if you fit the criteria I outlined at the start :)

Mon 08 Sep, 2014 1:34 pm

jdeks wrote:I've got some Black Diamond Ski Gloves if anyone wants them.

Pretty much brand new condition. Catch is, it's only the leather exterior.

What size are they?

Wed 10 Sep, 2014 11:29 am

Got a Trail Designs GramCracker solid fuel kit if anyone wants it.

You cover post, its all yours :D

Fri 12 Sep, 2014 9:16 am

jdeks wrote:I've got some Black Diamond Ski Gloves if anyone wants them.

Pretty much brand new conditon. Catch is, it's only the leather exterior.

Thanx, arrived this AM and they just fit using my LW liners PM sending

Sat 27 Sep, 2014 1:28 pm

gents, i have a pair of sportiva hiking boots that are a touch too small for me that i'd like to give away. they are mens size 44 goretex + suede leather with vibram soles. paid way too much and only worn a handful of times, they are more than a few years old and have been sitting at the back of the wardrobe waiting for my feet to get smaller......... pickup from newstead QLD or you pay post. pm me if you're interested.

Sun 28 Sep, 2014 8:18 am

The backpack I was giving away found a good home through this forum, thanks for the interest. :)

Tue 14 Oct, 2014 8:05 am

Ladies Merino top Medium
Half zipped neck
Macpac
Looks like a size 12/14 [ size labels are gone] sky blue in colour and in very good condition.
Will fit in a 500g pre-paid, asking for postage on this one

Tue 14 Oct, 2014 9:23 am

That should fit my daughter. If you still have it, I would like to get it from you. Shall send a PM through now.

Tue 14 Oct, 2014 9:59 am

Replied
Yours; as first to ask

Sun 26 Oct, 2014 10:03 am

Cecile and I are really having a huge clean-up
The Black Diamond gloves I received from jdeks are [ after using for a week or two; ] too small, so moving them on. My old cooking set is here too. Big SIGG dixie plus 2 Trangia pots and an old Trangia pot lifter. Home made carry sack included.
Also I have a collection of odd gloves I have accumulated over the years as I lose or find stuff Assorted L & R/H in various weights if they are of use to any body with missing gloves
I'll list other PIF stuff as I find it
@ mickellay Any kids stuff I'll put in the 5 kilo bags so no need to reply here unless you want the singleton gloves

Sun 26 Oct, 2014 10:22 am

Snowboard pants
XL Quicksilver about 5 years old, My pants get hard treatment so these have a repair on the leg hem. Need retreating with Nikwax
Now too big for me
Yellow, quite yellow in fact. These are the pants I wore most of the ski season and they are quite warm. Windproof and water resistant but not waterproof

Sun 26 Oct, 2014 10:23 am

What size were the gloves? I'm interested.

Sun 26 Oct, 2014 10:52 am

Medium
Excellent wind proof layer over thick liners, if you want them do you also want all my spare singletons??
Really good gloves but too short in the fingers for me

Sun 26 Oct, 2014 11:17 am

Found an Esbit pocket stove, obviously I can't post the fuel tablets but if you pick-up I can include what I have
Again free to good home

Sun 26 Oct, 2014 4:23 pm

Hi Moondog, I would like the gloves please? Next steps? Thank you. Jeffoir

Tue 28 Oct, 2014 7:31 am

Sorry Jeffoir1 Icefest beat you to them

Sun 09 Nov, 2014 10:08 am

Hi Moondog,
Thanks for the package mate. The top fitted great and thanks for the bonus gear, most can be put to good use. Much appreciated.

Sun 16 Nov, 2014 12:48 pm

Anyone want a stainless steel pot? I'd estimate it at 1-1.5L, pics below, key for scale. Has a folding handle.
pickup from St Kilda or Southbank, VIC

Sun 21 Dec, 2014 10:01 pm

Pots gone and the clothing has been sent to the rag bags and Op-Shops except for the pile tops.

Sat 27 Dec, 2014 2:32 pm

Not sure if this is of value to anyone but I know a lot of clever forum members make their own gear and it is only going in the bin.

This is the inner fabric of a MacPac microlight 2 person tent. We have cut off the floor to keep and use but the rest of the inner is of no use to us but the fabric is in excellent nick. There is mesh and nylon. Zippers have been cut through. Postage wouldn't be much. Let us know if you want more detail.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg

Sat 27 Dec, 2014 4:17 pm

Not really interested in the tent itself but I could use the clip loops and toggles from it
How much for postage ??
Postcode 3214 Norlane VIC

Sat 27 Dec, 2014 9:27 pm

Happy to cut off the toggles etc and post them. Don't imagine it will cost much but will check on Monday and let you know. That way if anyone wants the tent fabric it's still available.
Post a reply