International shipping delays

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Re: International shipping delays

Postby Ms_Mudd » Tue 14 Sep, 2021 8:27 pm

Fat Canyoner, you what?! Thurs to Monday for your package to arrive. That is just unheard of. Very jealous! Did you hit up the Macpac sale, or something else?

Zapruda wrote:Excellent choice on the Quickstep. I regret selling mine.


That is good to hear -for me- better than hearing you sold it and were glad to see the back of it ;-)
You know, I was not overly excited about the purchase. It was more of a give it a go situation and Chris was happy to make it to my requests, price was good etc. It has really surprised me out of the package though. I loaded it out right away with my gear for an overnighter and stuffed food in my foodbag, 2lt of water and put it on. It felt so right straight away. I liked Chrs' design on the bottom pocket much better than my Atompacks Mo bottom pocket. All in with bottom pocket,solid front and side pockets and a shoulder strap pocket the pack is 390g total.
My one oversight was not considering my CCF- I had thought I may be able to rig up something with some shock cord off the little plastic clip things I have been on the QS and Pikas on his website, but I didn't get them. I can stand it in the front or side pockets though with enough room, it isnt too much taller than the pack to be a pain. I didn't get a Y -strap as I don't love my CCF mat horizontally over the top of the pack if I can help it.
Sorry Zapruda, very wordy response to your reply- I just have that new (very positive!) purchase high.

I love how you have rigged up your Notch Li, Tortoise. Better than a few cans of beans. I was feeling a little smug that I had won our parcel race, as I thought I was the dark horse, but am also very happy to hear that your much anticipated parcel has landed. I challenge you to put your talent to good work and take some great action shots of the tent on its maiden voyage. Outside, that is, not in your loungeroom, but that would be good too!
User avatar
Ms_Mudd
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
 
Posts: 980
Joined: Fri 23 Mar, 2018 11:26 am
Location: NSW
Region: New South Wales
Gender: Female

Re: International shipping delays

Postby Tortoise » Tue 14 Sep, 2021 8:36 pm

Ms_Mudd wrote:I love how you have rigged up your Notch Li, Tortoise. Better than a few cans of beans. I was feeling a little smug that I had won our parcel race, as I thought I was the dark horse, but am also very happy to hear that your much anticipated parcel has landed. I challenge you to put your talent to good work and take some great action shots of the tent on its maiden voyage. Outside, that is, not in your loungeroom, but that would be good too!

Yeah, pumpkins have their limitations. I reckon it'll take a bit of tweaking to get an excellent pitch, and try lowering the sides.
I most likely will need rocks to keep the guys low if I have to pitch on platforms. Doesn't happen often these days, but it does happen.
it might be a couple of weeks before I get to try it out for real, but I will sleep in it tonight. 8)
User avatar
Tortoise
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii
 
Posts: 4419
Joined: Sat 28 Jan, 2012 9:31 pm
Location: NW Tasmania
Region: Tasmania
Gender: Female

Re: International shipping delays

Postby Ms_Mudd » Tue 14 Sep, 2021 9:37 pm

Enjoy your first nights sleep!
User avatar
Ms_Mudd
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
 
Posts: 980
Joined: Fri 23 Mar, 2018 11:26 am
Location: NSW
Region: New South Wales
Gender: Female

Re: International shipping delays

Postby Zapruda » Tue 14 Sep, 2021 10:05 pm

Ms_Mudd I hear you about the ccf strapped to the top. I hate it, especially off track in the scrub. I can often fit mine inside my pack after the first few days.

Chris is a hidden gem in the world of made to order packs. So quick and responsive. It seems there isn’t much he wouldn’t do in terms of custom work. Great prices as well!

I’m glad you like it. It looks great.

Here is my old quickstep :(

https://imgur.com/a/3BGXz0x
User avatar
Zapruda
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides
 
Posts: 1620
Joined: Thu 07 Apr, 2016 10:46 am
Region: Australian Capital Territory
Gender: Male

Re: International shipping delays

Postby Zapruda » Tue 14 Sep, 2021 10:11 pm

Tortoise wrote:
Ms_Mudd wrote:I love how you have rigged up your Notch Li, Tortoise. Better than a few cans of beans. I was feeling a little smug that I had won our parcel race, as I thought I was the dark horse, but am also very happy to hear that your much anticipated parcel has landed. I challenge you to put your talent to good work and take some great action shots of the tent on its maiden voyage. Outside, that is, not in your loungeroom, but that would be good too!

Yeah, pumpkins have their limitations. I reckon it'll take a bit of tweaking to get an excellent pitch, and try lowering the sides.
I most likely will need rocks to keep the guys low if I have to pitch on platforms. Doesn't happen often these days, but it does happen.
it might be a couple of weeks before I get to try it out for real, but I will sleep in it tonight. 8)


I don’t often pitch my Notch super low but when I do I find it easier to peg the vestibules out first and then then ends. the poles go in last.

Such a good tent.
User avatar
Zapruda
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides
 
Posts: 1620
Joined: Thu 07 Apr, 2016 10:46 am
Region: Australian Capital Territory
Gender: Male

Re: International shipping delays

Postby Lamont » Wed 15 Sep, 2021 7:50 am

Ms_Mudd wrote:My package arrived!!!!
Wahooooo
Zimmerbuilt custom QuickStep-- pretty darn happy. Worth the wait for sure.

Bonza! Nice colours.
I was sooo close to a Pika in Red. You just forgot one small detail..... :D
User avatar
Lamont
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides
 
Posts: 1757
Joined: Sun 21 Feb, 2016 1:27 pm
Location: Upper Kumbukta West
ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: https://www.againstmalaria.com/
Region: Other Country

Re: International shipping delays

Postby Ms_Mudd » Wed 15 Sep, 2021 9:16 am

Tortoise, how goes it is your Notch? Did the solid inner keep the breeze in your loungeroom at bay? Was there a lot of dew around this morning? Did you make coffee in your vestibule?

Lamont, yes! I am a goose!!! But thanks, other than my one oversight, it's a nice wee pack.

Zapruda wrote:Ms_Mudd I hear you about the ccf strapped to the top. I hate it, especially off track in the scrub. I can often fit mine inside my pack after the first few days.

I’m glad you like it. It looks great.

Here is my old quickstep :(



Nice! DCF , the thing would have weighed nothing! Did you get some extra length to it? I like your EE Pullover too, same colour as my jacket, I wish they were doing pullovers when I got mine. I agree, there is not much hype around Chris or Zimmerbuilt, but he was so quick to make it after we bounced some emails around, I can't fault anything about the finished product. The shoulder straps particularly work for me, quite straight compared to what I normally prefer, but spaced and anchored just so that they are perfect for me.

That is precisely why I hate CCF on top, it gets caught on everything up top horizontally. I would prefer vertically at the back of the pack or even horizontally at the base, much less likely to get caught here. I tried it in my QS and think it could work in Spring/Summer, however, I have a short torso. so it will mess with how the pack fits me I think. This pack may be the push I needed to try using a torso thinlight with just a buttpad for my hips in warmer weather though.....
User avatar
Ms_Mudd
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
 
Posts: 980
Joined: Fri 23 Mar, 2018 11:26 am
Location: NSW
Region: New South Wales
Gender: Female

Re: International shipping delays

Postby Zapruda » Wed 15 Sep, 2021 12:39 pm

I had about 5 inches added to the collar on the pack. Just for some extra long food carries.

It’s actually a Nunatak PCT Apex pullover. Love that thing. One of my favourite pieces of gear. It will be a sad day when I have to retire it.

Enjoy it Ms_Mudd!
User avatar
Zapruda
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides
 
Posts: 1620
Joined: Thu 07 Apr, 2016 10:46 am
Region: Australian Capital Territory
Gender: Male

Re: International shipping delays

Postby Tortoise » Wed 15 Sep, 2021 1:45 pm

Zapruda wrote:I don’t often pitch my Notch super low but when I do I find it easier to peg the vestibules out first and then then ends. the poles go in last. Such a good tent.
Thanks heaps for the tip! And the reassurance. :D
User avatar
Tortoise
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii
 
Posts: 4419
Joined: Sat 28 Jan, 2012 9:31 pm
Location: NW Tasmania
Region: Tasmania
Gender: Female

Re: International shipping delays

Postby Ms_Mudd » Thu 16 Sep, 2021 8:24 am

Nice addition Zapruda, pretty smart idea for barely any weight penalty.

How was the Notch sleeping experience Tortoise?
User avatar
Ms_Mudd
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
 
Posts: 980
Joined: Fri 23 Mar, 2018 11:26 am
Location: NSW
Region: New South Wales
Gender: Female

Re: International shipping delays

Postby Tortoise » Sat 18 Sep, 2021 8:54 am

Ms_Mudd wrote:How was the Notch sleeping experience Tortoise?

Hey Muddy,

I'm looking forward to getting a better pitch in real life. It'll take a bit of adjusting to get used to the smaller size than my palatial Akto and Scarp, to avoid hitting the walls with my tossing and turning. I confess I retired to bed at 3 am for a better sleep. I forgot that I usually have to take at least a phenergan to get a half-decent sleep in a tent these days, no matter how comfy I am. :cry:
User avatar
Tortoise
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii
 
Posts: 4419
Joined: Sat 28 Jan, 2012 9:31 pm
Location: NW Tasmania
Region: Tasmania
Gender: Female

Previous

Return to Equipment

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests