Trialling a new water bottle

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Trialling a new water bottle

Postby commando » Fri 13 Nov, 2020 2:09 pm

Trialling a new water bottle, 2 pack, one for winter two for summer, $24.95
Hopefully fairly much unbreakable and leakproof as i like raspberry cordial.
commando
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Other Country

Re: Trialling a new water bottle

Postby FatCanyoner » Fri 13 Nov, 2020 6:12 pm

Strange choice for bushwalking.

I love sparkling water at home, but from experience these are neither unbreakable nor leakproof, and are certainly much heavier than alternate bottles that would be far better suited to bushwalking.

As for the second photo, that's clearly a response to the fact that for many years SodaStream products were manufactured at a factory located in an illegal settlement in the West Bank. It sparked a lot of criticism around the world. It also resulted in the company being a focus of the Palestinian-led Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) movement. My understanding is the company finally moved production from the occupied territories a few years ago.
FatCanyoner
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: www.FatCanyoners.org www.CanyonGear.com.au
Region: New South Wales

Postby commando » Fri 13 Nov, 2020 6:56 pm

Sigg Bottle 135 grams
Soda stream bottle 179 grams
Army Water bottle (replica) 140 grams

Compared to a 2 litre cordial bottle i was using at 88 grams, which occasionly leaked with impact
its tougher
commando
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Other Country

Postby jjoz58 » Mon 16 Nov, 2020 9:07 pm

I lt Balance water bottles from Woolies 25 grams with flip top lids off another brand of bottle. Never broken one and only change them when they become too scungy. They also fit perfectly in Justin ULs water carriers on the shoulder straps, so 2kg plus 50 grams from the back to front. Helps to balance the load.
JJ
jjoz58
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Queensland

Postby kelvinn » Wed 02 Dec, 2020 5:35 pm

+1 for balance water bottles. Mine is 41 grams for bottle only, and also +1 to using sports tops.
kelvinn
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: New South Wales

Return to Equipment