Tarptent Rainbow Pole Replacement / Repair

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Tarptent Rainbow Pole Replacement / Repair

Postby vieve » Sat 27 Feb, 2021 8:02 pm

Anyone know where I might be able to pick up a replacement pole for my Tarptent Rainbow here in Australia?

A section of the pole snapped when I was pitching it this week - also interested whether I can just replace that section or whether I need to buy a whole new pole. I think Tarptent use Easton carbon poles but I could be wrong.

Thank you.
vieve
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: New South Wales

Re: Tarptent Rainbow Pole Replacement / Repair

Postby Franco » Sun 28 Feb, 2021 8:33 am

The Rainbow Li does come with a CF pole.
The silnylon version comes with an aluminium pole (144", 8.6mm, Easton 340 ) or CF (Easton 3.9) (your choice when you buy it)
The poles are stamped so you should be able to read what it is on the pole itself.
Ansco here in Australia has some and I think Remote Repair, Point Cook, Vic, stocks some too.
https://www.ansco.com.au/Easton-s/4565.htm
Easy to replace the aluminium type, I have not tried the CF version .
You pull the tip out and you should be able to figure it out after that.
Franco
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Victoria

Re: Tarptent Rainbow Pole Replacement / Repair

Postby vieve » Sun 28 Feb, 2021 8:42 am

Thanks Franco, I'll check out Ansco's site. Much appreciated.
vieve
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: New South Wales

Return to Equipment