Desktop version
Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.

Forum rules

TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.
Post a reply

Bed socks

Sat 22 May, 2021 7:41 pm

Hi

With winter coming, I would like to know what is a good sock to wear when sleeping out on trail.
I use a good sleeping bag and a thermal liner but I am wearing my day socks to bed which when a bit damp, can get chilly at night. I want to take a pair of bed socks out with me that are going to keep me warm

Re: Bed socks

Sat 22 May, 2021 7:49 pm

Possum wool.

Sat 22 May, 2021 8:04 pm

Possum/merino is a good mix . The important part is to have them loose ,clean and dry.

Sun 23 May, 2021 9:37 am

Franco wrote:Possum/merino is a good mix . The important part is to have them loose ,clean and dry.

Yes to this but my sleeping socks are real cheap ones from Safeway with silicon dots on the sole, acrylic pile about 20mm thick.
Post a reply